The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buying a trident!

+10
Bartfarst
stuartneale1
RoadRunner
spook69
Peel
peugeotboxer
murph
deckie
Paulmold
caroline70
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Buying a trident! - Page 2 Empty Re: Buying a trident!

Post by caroline70 Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:36 pm

Oh that's so exciting Jackie (and Simon)!!!
Make sure you post a picture on the new members page and I'll do the same!!
We should keep in touch as we may have the same experiences... Do you like that I said that and not problems!!!!
X

Ps saw a nice on your neck of the woods wonder if that's the one you got!
caroline70
caroline70

Female

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident

Back to top Go down

Post by Peel Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:42 pm

Tridents rock. You get the help & support on here from the good AutoSleeper people and you also gain access to the whole VW scene/lifestyle. That's well worth looking into, especially if you've got kids. We're all off to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] this weekend - v excited.
Peel
Peel

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by andyhill788 Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:17 pm

Hello all i am also looking at buying a trident what advice can you give me if any? it is a 2.4 automatic diesel with 100,000 miles on the clock priced at £8000. are they expensive to maintain and run? i want it for my surf trips and taking the mrs and little one on holidays are they a good runner? 

thank you and hello
andyhill788
andyhill788

Male

Member Age : 36
Auto-Sleeper Model : none

Back to top Go down

Post by scrumpyjack14 Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:29 pm

andyhill788 wrote:Hello all i am also looking at buying a trident what advice can you give me if any? it is a 2.4 automatic diesel with 100,000 miles on the clock priced at £8000. are they expensive to maintain and run? i want it for my surf trips and taking the mrs and little one on holidays are they a good runner? 

thank you and hello

Hi Andy,
Lots of good stuff in this thread already - have a good read through. Look for the best you can afford and don't rush to buy the first you see. I would avoid the 1.9 diesel as i have heard they are under powered (but i have never driven one!). The 2.0 petrol i have heard is thirsty.
The 2.4 non turbo is a great chugger - plenty of power but not 'fast' - we love ours. I hear the 2.5 TDI is a peach - but a MUCH more complicated engine.

I didn't think the auto 'box was ever offered on the 2.4 D - at least i have never seen one. Are you sure that's what you are looking at? Might be a rare beast!

HTH
Steve
scrumpyjack14
scrumpyjack14

Male

Member Age : 50
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2