The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buying a Talent or Trident!!

2 posters

Go down

Buying a Talent or Trident!! Empty Buying a Talent or Trident!!

Post by C.J.Mylchreest Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:25 am

Hi All,

I am in the market for my first campervan, having spent many years when young in a Sherpa, and more recently my brother's T25. I really want a VW Talent or Trident, and would be very interested to hear of (a) what I should be looking out for (apart from corrosion!), and (b) if anybody has one they are willing to part with. My budget is less than £10k.

Thanks all!

Charlie.
C.J.Mylchreest
C.J.Mylchreest

Male

Member Age : 45
Auto-Sleeper Model : VW A/S Trident
Vehicle Year : 1993

Back to top Go down

Buying a Talent or Trident!! Empty Re: Buying a Talent or Trident!!

Post by -mojo- Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:20 pm

If you've looked at all you'll know that Talents are rare! I owned the Transit-based equivalent and, although the layout has some positives, I found the bed arrangement a bit of a pain compared with all of the rock&roll-type variants (though in fact an A/S bed of that type does not rock over). If you haven't seen it there's a Talent for sale on Ebay at the moment, but a little above your budget.

Quite a few Tridents come up for sale, but at your budget you'll only get something a bit rough and (as we found when looking at T4 and T5 based A/S conversions last year) there is a very strong temptation for sellers to blow over the rusty bits with a cheap lower-half respray. IMO you are best off avoiding these (they are typically easy to spot from the copious overspray underneath) because you won't know what they have bodged over before spraying...
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down