The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flashing Heating Control Panel

3 posters

Go down

Flashing Heating Control Panel Empty Flashing Heating Control Panel

Post by Ben001 Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:31 pm

Sittting in the dark with the heating and main control panels turned off, (I know, but it is nearly Christmas!), but the ehu plugged in, I noticed that the Truma Heating Control panel adjacent to the Main Control panel was pulsing every 25 seconds. It looked as though the backlight was attempting to light up but then giving up. Each pulse only lasted a fraction of a second and there was some variability in the brightness achieved, though this appeared to be random. Turning on the heating panel without the main panel shows a low voltage error which clears on turning on the main panel. As far as I can tell, the heating is functioning as it should from a practical point of view. Has anyone else experienced this pulsing, is it normal or should I be concerned. (Apart from being sad and lonely that is hugegrins hugegrins ). 2019 Fairford by the way.
Ben001
Ben001

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Flashing Heating Control Panel Empty Re: Flashing Heating Control Panel

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:36 pm

Hope some one comes on to help soon.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Kdc likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben001 Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:39 pm

Thanks for the moral support, I really was joking about the sad and lonely bit!.

Last edited by Ben001 on Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Ben001
Ben001

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Norm18 Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:33 pm

We had this on our new 2019 Warwick XL. The dealer replaced with a new Truma panel. Been fine since then. Dealer didn't know what caused the flashing. Like yours, the heating etc. worked as it should.
Norm18
Norm18

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben001 Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:54 pm

Thanks for the info Norm. I will contact dealer and see what their response is, regards, Ben
Ben001
Ben001

Male

Norm18 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben001 Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:40 am

Contacted dealer this morning, got an automated email reply explaining that they were closed until further notice due to current restrictions. Perfectly understandable and not unexpected, my sincere sympathy goes out to all businesses in this position; lets hope that not too many succumb to the financial pressures of this enforced closure.
Ben001
Ben001

Male

Norm18 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:50 pm

Can you plug into EHU? This would eliminate any low voltage issues.
Before that, turn off at the CP panel by holding the button for a few seconds....then turn off the 12v and shut down everything.
Wait a few minutes then turn on the control panel, then plug in the EHU, then turn on the Combi at the rotary switch...
Set the power source to electric, ensure hot water is OFF (I guess the boiler is empty?) and turn on the heating....
The fan should start slow and gradually the van will start to produce less cold air from the vents and get warmer.
You could also turn the gas on and try the heater with gas only.
I've never seen (or read of) this CP panel error, other than Norm's post above) and most error situations are the result of incorrect closure process....EHU unplugged before the unit is off, turning off 12v or gas before shutting Combi down properly.
Good luck.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben001 Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:59 pm

Thanks for that BB, will follow your procedure as soon as I get the chance as I can't remember how I shut things down last time. Van is on permanent ehu whilst not in use, so this should, as you say, eliminate low voltage error warning. Will update you asap. Ben
Ben001
Ben001

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben001 Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:08 pm

Thanks for your help Chris. Went over to the van today and ran the heater for a while to help clear the damp. Followed your shut down proceedure and the fault has cleared. I will continue to monitor in case it re occurrs. In the meantime, I informed the dealer of the situation and they have raised an open job card for it should it ever become a warranty issue.
Ben001
Ben001

Male

Back to top Go down