The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

control panel

4 posters

Go down

control panel Empty control panel

Post by kevjan Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:54 am

Hi all, just thought I would share this with you, had a Vehicle battery low warning coming up on my Sargent control panel and it was also not reading the other info correctly so i put a multi meter on the battery it was showing 12.6 volts so all ok there and also when the 12 volt system was switched at main switch the Solar panel light's went out. I went through all i could think off and also looked at advice on auto sleeper forum, i thought i would check the fuses on the front of the charger under the bed all were ok, but when i had finished the whole system was working again fine and still is so i can only conclude it was a loose fuse but which one i don't know as i took them all out checked and put back. So at the moment all looking good. Kevin
kevjan
kevjan

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

control panel Empty Re: control panel

Post by Toffee Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:38 am

In the settings menu you can change the vehicle type from Peugeot to fiat, this solves this issue as Peugeot insist on a higher voltage recommendation to Sargent. Changed mine 7 years ago and no further alarms or consequences from doing it.
Toffee

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjan Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:48 am

OK thanks for that how do you change the settings menu. Kevin
kevjan
kevjan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffee Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:21 pm

I think you go to the screen that has the autosleeper symbol on it and hold both the up and down arrow buttons at the same time for a few seconds until the screen changes to the setup menu. Scroll through without changing settings, take your time, and you should find something about the vehicle make or type. It’s not a massive menu. When you’re done find exit within the menu and select that. The middle arrow button is the one that makes the changes and selects what you are viewing.
Toffee

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjan Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:32 pm

Thanks will have a look. Kevin
kevjan
kevjan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjan Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:04 pm

So bad, news went into van tonight and the Vehicle battery low warning came back on. Went into the settings as Toffee suggested and as far as i can see it is all set ok i am baffled. The other thing I noticed was the leisure battery was only showing 54% AH, I would have thought that with all the sun we have had it would have been higher. Any help would be greatly excepted. Kevin
kevjan
kevjan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffee Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:45 am

I don’t have solar on my van, so can’t advise on how the sergeant solar works, but I believe there are some switching option where it doesn’t “smart charge” both batteries. If the battery is 50% discharged it is flat, as you can only use half of a lead acid battery’s capacity. 
I seem to recall you haven’t had the van long?  If I was me I would research on here all about how the system works, others on here will help with your question re solar and I’d be tempted to put a new leisure and vehicle battery in the camper and then you can rule those out. 
The battery monitoring can be re calibrated when it is sitting with no charge or discharge current flowing, this is more straight forward without solar, if you do this it needs to be done when the solar is not charging. 
Again this is in the settings menu, you tell the monitor the system has no current flow and it then uses this info as the basis for estimating battery state of charge. 
If this has been adjusted by someone before you got the van then the info you are viewing on the display will be irrelevant.
Again get clued up before doing too much, don’t panic.
Also get the van plugged in and charge everything up.
Toffee

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:17 am

go into the settings and put the solar to just charge the leisure and not on smart setting as you must be on
some of the problem you have is the reason lots on the forum have done a mod like myself to the solar system
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : kemerton xl
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjan Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:42 pm

Ok but how will that stop the warning for the Vehicle battery low. This is all very confusing. Kevin
kevjan
kevjan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffee Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:50 pm

In the menu you can switch off alarms that I think disables the warning.
Toffee

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:45 pm

1st so are you taking power from the leisure or vehicle battery what is it showing on the control
2 if you are only getting power from the solar you need to charge the leisure and when at 100% change to the vehicle in the settings .the smart setting is not very good
3 has the vehicle battery ever been changed if not needs testing as could be faulty as to its age and use
4 what is the age of the leisure battery as when put under use and load could be needing a lot of charge
5 the solar system fitted by A/S is good for the sale person to say its got solar but that's all
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : kemerton xl
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:29 pm

Check the leisure battery with a multimeter to check that it’s fully charged, if it is go into the service menus and set the 54%AH to 100% this drifts overtime so needs recalibration every so often ,, if your battery is not charged recharge fully then set to 100%

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjan Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:18 pm

Hi thanks for that, I have plugged in EHU so will see what it goes up to at lunch time it was showing 63% AH so will look in the morning. I have reset it to 95AH leisure on the control panel. Kevin
kevjan
kevjan

Male

Back to top Go down