The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tambour Washroom Door Problem on Fairford

2 posters

Go down

Tambour Washroom Door Problem on Fairford Empty Tambour Washroom Door Problem on Fairford

Post by superkendo Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:34 pm

Anybody have a fix for stopping the tambour door on our Fairford flying open when we are on the road. 
The magnetic strip on door and frame doesn't seem to be strong enough, however gently we set off, accelerate or brake the door always slides open and usually slides off the end of the runners and jams itself. 
At the moment we have two bulldog clips with elastic band between, clipped to door and magazine pocket outside cubicle.
superkendo
superkendo

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Tambour Washroom Door Problem on Fairford Empty Re: Tambour Washroom Door Problem on Fairford

Post by Guest Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:30 pm

either you need a 2nd magnet or a more powerful, bigger one...
or...something physical (but prettier than) the bulldog clip...
in the menatime, id be looking at some form of stopper to prevent the door coming out of the tracking which must be a right pain..
good luck.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Tambour Washroom Door Problem on Fairford Empty Re: Tambour Washroom Door Problem on Fairford

Post by superkendo Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:17 am

Thanks Chris, previous owner or dealership must have had same problem as have found pieces of cracked runner glued back in place just short of the end, have tried different stoppers the door just slides past them bending runner then jams into the ribs in tambour door. A rubber walking pole end is my latest attempt at a stopper and the trusty bulldog clips have helped. Can't source a magnetic strip of right size, to slot into door frame. Any ideas? Thanks Chris

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamRienza Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:38 am

Same problem in our van (Hymer). I use a bungee with hooks. One end hooks over the rail of a little shelf on the outer wall of the bathroom. The bungee is stretched round the tambour door to a coat hook just to the side of the door in the main cabin. Works perfectly but I don’t think the tambour door is very well made and I expect problems with the runners at some point in the future as I have read a couple of posts along those lines.

Davy
TeamRienza
TeamRienza
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Used to own a Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2006 Mk6

superkendo likes this post

Back to top Go down