The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tambour Shower Door Fitting

3 posters

Go down

Tambour Shower Door Fitting Empty Tambour Shower Door Fitting

Post by sylvester1954 Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:52 pm

A very bizarre thing has happened with the sliding shower door (Tambour?) on our Auto Sleeper Kingham. We came back home after Christmas away without the van  and so I checked on the van today to see if there were any problems. I opened the side door and was shocked to see the whole of the shower door on the floor towards the front of the van well away from the rear shower room. I have looked and stared for ages at the van and still unable to figure out how the sliding shower door not only unattached itself from its runners but then managed to travel those extra feet along the floor.
It is securley parked in a safe place pointing slightly down hill,  the van hasnt been entered so I just dont understand how this could have happened.
The other point that I am asking is how do you refit a sliding door back onto its runners ...any advice welcome.

Last edited by sylvester1954 on Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : duplication)
sylvester1954
sylvester1954

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Tambour Shower Door Fitting Empty Re: Tambour Shower Door Fitting

Post by artheytrate Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:54 pm

I'd Take it back to dealer  or to Auto Sleepers under warranty.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Tambour Shower Door Fitting Empty Re: Tambour Shower Door Fitting

Post by roger7webster Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:56 pm

I have had this problem. The clearance gap between the runner and screen is to big allowing the screen to fall forward and end up on the floor.
Quick solution is to retain the screen with a suitable stretch cord.
A longer term fix is to reduce the clearance gap with suitable washers and re position the screen stops so the screen is in the curved section of the track in the open position. I still use the stretch cord when on the move.
roger7webster

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper Model : 2012 Sussex EB panel
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down