The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Table

2 posters

Go down

Table Empty Table

Post by Sapper Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:51 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good Morning,

Following my previous post on how to convert the table in our WXL for day and night use, I decided to do this.

I first cut the table across with a fine panel saw and fitted a piano hinge to the underside to make it folding. I then cut one set of the legs and hinged those to also make them folding. I then removed the pedestal from the the small table and fitted that.

The bottom photo shows how the table will be in the daytime position. The next one up shows the leg folded, and top one shows the leg folded again and held in place with a velcro strap, (need to come up with a better idea than this strap).

We have tried this in the van and it's solid in both positions and it now means it also frees the space up where the large table was stored and we don't need to carry the small table either.

Hope this might be of any use to anyone else who is looking for idea and thanks again to all those who posted their ideas of what they'd done.
Sapper
Sapper

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Table Empty Re: Table

Post by Dbvwt Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:48 am

Great job, I love modding the van and improving things.

If only A/S would take notice of some of the things we do to make the vans better, most of the time these improvements wouldn’t even cost them money.
They just churn out the same designs year after year!
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down