The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2018 Warwick XL - winter water auto drain

4 posters

Go down

2018 Warwick XL - winter water auto drain Empty 2018 Warwick XL - winter water auto drain

Post by Camper-x Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:05 am

Hi all,

When the ambient temperature hit about 2 degrees our last motorhome would auto drain the hot and cold water system as a frost protection feature. It flipped a switch on a valve and drained all caravan side water out under the van. It would retain the water if ambient was above that eg by running the van blown air system or driving heater, but once tripped, had to be reset manually once the temperature was higher than 2 degrees to allow refill / reuse. 

Does the 2018 Warwick XL have the same feature or does it rely on manual drain? 

If former is there a reset button eg by the dump valve or is that automatic these days? I

f latter is it just a matter of opening the fresh water tank drain valve by the tank itself under the van on the end of the hose as with grey waste tank? Does that drain cold and hot water systems? 

Thanks!
Camper-x
Camper-x

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

2018 Warwick XL - winter water auto drain Empty Re: 2018 Warwick XL - winter water auto drain

Post by Dbvwt Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:46 am

Having a 2018 Symbol with auto trip/manual reset I would guess yours is the same.
I can’t remember the exact process to reset although it’s very simple, I have to get the manual out to remind myself at the start of every winter!

I might be wrong but I think it just drains the heater unless the pump is operated in which case the fresh tank is also drained.

Last edited by Dbvwt on Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Camper-x likes this post

Back to top Go down

2018 Warwick XL - winter water auto drain Empty Re: 2018 Warwick XL - winter water auto drain

Post by Paulmold Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:49 am

Whether auto or manual, it's only the hot tank that is drained. The cold tank still needs draining manually from outside.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Camper-x likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:26 am

Dbvwt wrote:Having a 2018 Symbol with auto trip/manual reset I would guess yours is the same.
I can’t remember the exact process to reset although it’s very simple, I have to get the manual out to remind myself at the start of every winter!

I might be wrong but I think it just drains the heater unless the pump is operated in which case the fresh tank is also drained.
you are correct....as the hot tank drains (as in normal usage) it refills from the cold tank provided the water pump is on, and as such, will eventually drain the fresh tank too.
however, this isnt the 'best' way to empty the system for, say' winter...
as Paul says, open the fresh tank drain tap first to empty that....then open the hot tank dump valve to drain the remainder.
opening taps halfway between hot/cold setting also allows air to replace the water (in either tank) and to drain more freely.
however, it will be this air that you have to purge when you next come to recommisioning the water system.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:05 am

Last winter I was surprised that the auto drain emptied our van's Truma, our van is parked next to our house. I didn't think that it had been that cold. I'm on the lookout during cold winter weather. With our previous van, a Duetto I did have the toilet water freeze, fortunately when things warmed up no lasting damage appeared to have been caused.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Camper-x likes this post

Back to top Go down