The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

trooper electrolux fridge

3 posters

Go down

trooper electrolux fridge Empty trooper electrolux fridge

Post by matty34 Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:09 am

hi all ive a electrolux fridge in my trooper been away for 4 nights,and we were on elec hook up,when we were traveling 12volt seemed to work fine red light on zig unit on although i thought it should of been colder on 7 on the thermostat,when we got there we got on the levelers and then onto the hook up,after a day i noticed the fridge was not cold and no light on the zig unit(is there ment to be when on 240v ?) so i thought it might not be because its not level enough! so i put the gas on as well to give it extra boost still no luck.
is it the level inside the fridge?
is it because it wasnt level(i thought on 240 it wouldnt have to be totaly level)?
is there another switch that isolates the fridge?
cheers for any help will be taking it out but thought of you guys before up!
matty34
matty34

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper

Back to top Go down

trooper electrolux fridge Empty Re: trooper electrolux fridge

Post by Paulmold Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:49 am

Firstly the position of the thermostat when on 12v makes no difference. On 12v it is only meant to keep an already cold fridge cool and will not bring the temperature down, hence the need to cool your fridge by gas or hook-up before setting off.
Secondly the only light on the zig panel when on hook-up should be your battery charger light which tells you your mains is on but this of course needs the mains switch and charger to be switched on at the power switch which could be located in cupboard under cooker or in wardrobe or anywhere else.
If on gas ( or hook-up for that matter) the fridge does need to be pretty well level, prior to 1986 the tolerance was only 3 degrees, after 1986 the tolerance is 6 degrees.
So get it level and try it on gas first, they are much more efficient on gas and if still no good, then you have a problem.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by matty34 Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:38 pm

cheers for the reply i think it was not level, thought on 240 volts it would work fine but suprised by how level it has to be!! also ive taken the covers of the vents to give better ventilation and serviced the fridge at same time so im going to take a level with me next time smile! smile! cheers matt
matty34
matty34

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by spook69 Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:51 pm

I use water in a glass to level my van. For the fridge to work it has to be as good as level.

The 12v setting when motoring has no thermostat variation.

Also with the three types of power for the fridge (gas, 12v, 240v) it is easy not to select the right combination to make the fridge work for the selected power, hence the warm fridge.

Trust this is of some use.

spook69
spook69

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident (VW T4)

Back to top Go down