The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heater not working on gas in new Symbol

4 posters

Go down

Heater not working on gas in new Symbol Empty Heater not working on gas in new Symbol

Post by mikemelson Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:55 pm

Bit parky this morning when I woke up on the Keyhaven Marshes, 13deg in van!

Put Whale heater on gas, Nada!, 

The green flame light is on, I have gas but I notice there are no lights on the EC700.

Any ideas?

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2024

Back to top Go down

Heater not working on gas in new Symbol Empty Re: Heater not working on gas in new Symbol

Post by mikemelson Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:14 pm

Panic over, I’ve tumbled it! The green light was on the water heater section not on the space heater, now working.

Things were much simpler with the old Eberspacher for old codgers like me!

Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2024

Paulmold likes this post

Back to top Go down

Heater not working on gas in new Symbol Empty Re: Heater not working on gas in new Symbol

Post by v8oholic Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:29 pm

At first I was expecting you say it wouldn't light... that's my usual problem, as it can be a bit temperamental. Worse at altitude, but it's easily worked around by lighting a gas ring first, before lighting the heater.

My Whale water heater stopped working on gas between last autumn and this years habitation check. Luckily Marquis had a cancellation on my final day of warranty, and were able to fix it by replacing the PCB.

If you're getting the impression they might not be the most reliable of devices, I wouldn't argue with that.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Vehicle Year : 2021

Kemerton-bath likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:24 am

What was the reason that A/S started fitting Whale units instead of the Truma? I guess it’s probably something as simple as saving a few quid.
Fixing something that wasn’t broken comes to mind!
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:31 am

Who knows. Every time I have the habitation check, my mobile guy tells me that the water heater is designed to be fitted underneath, and why didn't they. It's a shame, as it would make that space under the sofa much more useful.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Vehicle Year : 2021

burlingtonboaby and Dbvwt like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:10 am

v8oholic wrote:Every time I have the habitation check, my mobile guy tells me that the water heater is designed to be fitted underneath, and why didn't they.
If (when) it gives you trouble then you might be pleased it isn't mounted under the van.
I prefer these devices, especially with a hot water tank, to be inside the van (not diesel though).  Easier to access when fixing.

I just prefer Truma to Whale, I wish AS would give you the choice.
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down