The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Central Locking Step/Awning Light Automation

5 posters

Go down

Central Locking Step/Awning Light Automation Empty Central Locking Step/Awning Light Automation

Post by dipper65 Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:39 pm

Hi, first post on here so hello!

My question is on AS PVC's fitted with Sergent electrics is the step and awing light automated with the central locking, it wasn't on my 2016 Warwick XL and was a simple enough wiring job under the driver's side cab step to sort, are they all like that or did AS just forget to do it on my van?

If there's anyone on here that has the same issue I'll post up details of how to connect it up.
dipper65
dipper65

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Central Locking Step/Awning Light Automation Empty Re: Central Locking Step/Awning Light Automation

Post by Paramedic Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:51 pm

Hello and welcome to this most friendly and informative forum.  wave

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Central Locking Step/Awning Light Automation Empty Re: Central Locking Step/Awning Light Automation

Post by PLOUGHLIN Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:08 pm

Isn't it configurable via the EC480 control panel "hidden " menu?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:13 pm

dipper65 wrote:Hi, first post on here so hello!

My question is on AS PVC's fitted with Sergent electrics is the step and awing light automated with the central locking, it wasn't on my 2016 Warwick XL and was a simple enough wiring job under the driver's side cab step to sort, are they all like that or did AS just forget to do it on my van?

If there's anyone on here that has the same issue I'll post up details of how to connect it up.
Please post details as my 2016 is the same

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dipper65 Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:42 pm

PLOUGHLIN wrote:Isn't it configurable via the EC480 control panel "hidden " menu?

Yes it is and that's what made me realise that it should be available, the wiring to the cab from the EC480 was in place but not connected to anything with no obvious connection to the cab available. To make it work needed tapping into the central locking wiring under the drivers side step.
dipper65
dipper65

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dipper65 Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:45 pm

FreelanderUK wrote:

Will do, foolishly I didn't take photos or keep notes when I did the job, keep an eye on this thread and I'll post details when I get a chance.
dipper65
dipper65

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:47 pm

dipper65 wrote:
FreelanderUK wrote:

Will do, foolishly I didn't take photos or keep notes when I did the job, keep an eye on this thread and I'll post details when I get a chance.
Cheers will keep an eye out

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by shgooner Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:24 pm

Bit late to the party but step/awning light on my Kingham does not function with the automation function even with all the advanced settings correct. Both function in the normal ‘manual’ way. Lockdown gives you a chance to try all these things.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
shgooner
shgooner

Male

Member Age : 58
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down