The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bumper removal from Trophy

Go down

Bumper removal from Trophy Empty Bumper removal from Trophy

Post by leonardo1776 Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:14 pm

Trying to get the bumper off my Trophy, following 'To the Garage's' amazing video, to install front parking sensors, I found exactly the same problem as in the video - plastic slugs pushed in too far - I am now successful - break off the four 'wings' that are expanded by the plug, with a flat blade screwdriver and a hammer and lever the plugs out, allĀ  from inside the metal bracket, with a long nosed plier.

It hasn't helped to find that the plugs have been inserted the wrong way round. The attachment is fixed TO the vehicle, not FROM the vehicle, so the shamferred ends of the plugs should be inserted into the holes in the attachment until the FLAT ends are non interfering.

Doing it correctly makes life much easier.

If there's a need, I can take pix of various stages of how I install the parking sensors and post a kind of tutorial. I intend to use the bonnet release cable, through bulkhead bung, as the means of passing the wires into the cabin, with minimum risk of fumes ingress. I show the correct way to insert the plugs and to the correct depth.

Bumper removal from Trophy Correc10

The problem with the plugs is probably caused by the eBay sellers not knowing the correct way either, see eBay:
leonardo1776
leonardo1776

Male

Member Age : 84
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trophy
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down