The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxer Van Rear Quarter Bumper Removal

4 posters

Go down

Boxer Van Rear Quarter Bumper Removal Empty Boxer Van Rear Quarter Bumper Removal

Post by hat004 Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:49 pm

Whilst parked in a car park some kind sole has put a large dent in the rear quarter panel of my bumper. I want to try and repair it by heating it up and then pushing it back into shape but first I need to remove it. Can anyone tell me how to remove it? There is a description on youtube for the Fiat Ducato but doesn't actually show how it's done.
hat004

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Boxer Van Rear Quarter Bumper Removal Empty Re: Boxer Van Rear Quarter Bumper Removal

Post by Kingham Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:28 pm

I had a bumper quarter panel replaced by Peugeot earlier this year and they had to remove the adjoining panels. They ordered a load of retaining clips as they’re apparently single use.
There was also a bolt which passed up through into the light cluster, so that had to be removed too.

I didn’t watch them do the job, so can’t help any further.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Boxer Van Rear Quarter Bumper Removal Empty Re: Boxer Van Rear Quarter Bumper Removal

Post by roger7webster Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:56 pm

1. Remove the cross bumper step. 8in No torx flat head set bolts
2. Remove the rear light cluster to access a bolt fiitted at the top of the bumper unit
3. Remove the side trim panel to give access to 3 further torx bolts
4. Remove the 1/4 bumper allen bolt
The side trim panel fixing clips are available on ebay
roger7webster

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper Model : 2012 Sussex EB panel
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:14 pm

I'm assuming its the plastic part
You may not have to remove it.
See if one of these 4" lever operated suckers will stick to it, if so then a hard pull may just be all you need?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by BobK Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:23 pm

My friend's Volkswagen Touran had a dent in the middle of the rear bumper, about the size of a tow ball ....   actually my tow ball  Whistle1.
We removed the bumper (no point in explaining the process here as it will be entirely different)  and laid it out on a flat table surface on top of a blanket.    We then heated the dent dent area with a domestic hairdryer,  and progressively rolled the dent out, using a small wallpaper roller.   It worked a treat.

Recalling how firm the bumper material was, I doubt if a sucker would work.

Good luck.
BobK
BobK

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Autosleepless!!

Back to top Go down