The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Removal of bathroom window: 1994 Trophy

2 posters

Go down

Removal of bathroom window: 1994 Trophy Empty Removal of bathroom window: 1994 Trophy

Post by p groombridge Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:44 am

Hello.

My bathroom window is cracked and I need to replace it. Autosleeper cannot supply one but have referred me to EECO in Halifax who are very helpful and very explicit in the way they deal with orders.... read on.

EECO will collect my old window, use it to make a mould, send the new one back. So now I need to remove the window from the van (not the window frame). I can't fathom out how to do it. Can anyone help?

Thanks, Pam.

p groombridge
p groombridge

Back to top Go down

Removal of bathroom window: 1994 Trophy Empty Re: Removal of bathroom window: 1994 Trophy

Post by vwt4 Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:57 pm

pam
had a look at my bathroom window, and although I have never removed it I did take of all the panels when fitting a cycle rack, first you would have remove the blind assembly unscrews from from four corners and will come away in separate sections so remove slowly behind that is a "window frame" that will have to be taken off then you should be able to get access to the window hinge assembly,
that is the best advice I can give not actually having taken the window itself out, hop it is of some help

VWT4
Mike
vwt4
vwt4

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trophy
Vehicle Year : 1994

Back to top Go down

Removal of bathroom window: 1994 Trophy Empty Re: Removal of bathroom window: 1994 Trophy

Post by p groombridge Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:27 pm

Thanks for the advice, Mike, sounds a bit scarey - I have tried taking a blind apart before and messed up the mechanism.

Will try to find a professional I think.

Regards, P
p groombridge
p groombridge

Back to top Go down