The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I never knew this was a storage compartment

+15
SENTINEL
Greyhound
Heanorboy
Dbvwt
andyh
Relaxez-Vous
easylifer
Sally
inspiredron
IanH
Kingham
roli
Tinwheeler
kaspian
AutoSleepy_Don
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I never knew this was a storage compartment Empty I never knew this was a storage compartment

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:42 pm

I have had my Boxer based Warwick for 3 years and I never knew this was a storage compartment. I was so surprised today when this lid popped open. Appears to be air conditioned too. hugegrins
I never knew this was a storage compartment Annota15
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2017

andyh and IanH like this post

Back to top Go down

I never knew this was a storage compartment Empty Re: I never knew this was a storage compartment

Post by kaspian Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:44 pm

Classic case of not reading the instruction manual ?  hugegrins
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : WARWICK XL

Ixionman and Windychippy like this post

Back to top Go down

I never knew this was a storage compartment Empty Re: I never knew this was a storage compartment

Post by Tinwheeler Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:51 pm

It’s just right for storing a hi-viz waistcoat up!
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:02 pm

It’s a very handy spot you will quickly fill it hugegrins
roli
roli

Male

Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingham Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:04 pm

I’ve heard it’s good for keeping choccie cool up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:50 pm

Brave to admit that on here!!!!
snigger
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:13 pm

IanH wrote:Brave to admit that on here!!!!
snigger
More likely stupid.  hugegrins
TBH This has not been the reaction I had anticipated. I had not realised I am the only one who never knew the airbag was in fact not an airbag but a 2nd glove box.
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

IanH likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:53 pm

Tinwheeler wrote:It’s just right for storing a hi-viz waistcoat up!
WHAT?  We keep a couple of 500ml bottles of water in there. As has been said it is connected to the Aircon so in hot weather we have a convenient cold drink.

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:14 pm

inspiredron wrote:
Tinwheeler wrote:It’s just right for storing a hi-viz waistcoat up!
WHAT?  We keep a couple of 500ml bottles of water in there. As has been said it is connected to the Aircon so in hot weather we have a convenient cold drink.
I obviously need to rethink my storage arrangements.  think_smiley_46
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Tengah74 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:47 pm

If I remember correctly it’s connected to the heating/cooling, so you can keep your croissant warm or your Pimms cool.
Sally
Sally

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2011

Ixionman and RogerThat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by easylifer Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:04 pm

Sally wrote:If I remember correctly it’s connected to the heating/cooling, so you can keep your croissant warm or your Pimms cool.
That must be a new technology if you can do both at the same time. smile!
easylifer
easylifer
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2009

Windychippy and Sally like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:31 pm

If you've got drawers in your van, you may be able to remove the lowest drawer and store things that you don’t often need in the space underneath, so far here there's a couple of warning triangles and an electric mosquito killer. You might also want to put other stuff there. Since replacing our small Fiamma levelling blocks with larger Milenco ones, I needed more room so the triangles were moved there.

There's a knack to removing the drawer but once you're familiar with the angles it becomes easy.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

I never knew this was a storage compartment Empty Doh! +1

Post by andyh Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:56 pm

AutoSleepy_Don wrote:
IanH wrote:Brave to admit that on here!!!!
snigger
More likely stupid.  hugegrins
TBH This has not been the reaction I had anticipated. I had not realised I am the only one who never knew the airbag was in fact not an airbag but a 2nd glove box.
Well, had my Symbol for three years and.... you're not the only one!  lolflag  

Thanks for posting.  BravoSmiley 

The 'new' storage area will come in very useful.
andyh
andyh
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2014

AutoSleepy_Don likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:14 pm

I only found a large storage area under the floating wardrobe in our Symbol last week. Its behind the front hinged cupboard.  Its covered by a piece of contiboard. I noticed it had a small triangular cut out in the back left hand corner just big enough to hook a finger under and remove the contiboard. It must have been the space which was occupied by gas bottles before A/S started using under slung gas tanks. It's a very usable space. I have also found out that the wheel arch hasn't got any insulating material on it so I've got another job to do. Just proves I shouldn't go sticking fingers in holes!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:18 pm

Pnefan wrote:I only found a large storage area under the floating wardrobe in our Symbol last week. Its behind the front hinged cupboard.  Its covered by a piece of contiboard. I noticed it had a small triangular cut out in the back left hand corner just big enough to hook a finger under and remove the contiboard. It must have been the space which was occupied by gas bottles before A/S started using under slung gas tanks. It's a very usable space. I have also found out that the wheel arch hasn't got any insulating material on it so I've got another job to do. Just proves I shouldn't go sticking fingers in holes!!!

Well that is interesting info, I wonder if I’ve got the same hidden space? Will have a look tomorrow.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:28 am

On another subject why isnt the pop up document holder functional on A/S vehicles. I cant see any reason why it doesn't work.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Heanorboy Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:45 am

Pnefan wrote:On another subject why isnt the pop up document holder functional on A/S vehicles. I cant see any reason why it doesn't work.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex 2012 Dorset W
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Greyhound Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:36 am

Kingham wrote:I’ve heard it’s good for keeping choccie cool up!

Yeah it's great at keeping things pretty cold with the AC on.  We keep drinks nice and cold too.
Greyhound
Greyhound

Male

Member Age : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:42 am

Dbvwt wrote:
Pnefan wrote:I only found a large storage area under the floating wardrobe in our Symbol last week. Its behind the front hinged cupboard.  Its covered by a piece of contiboard. I noticed it had a small triangular cut out in the back left hand corner just big enough to hook a finger under and remove the contiboard. It must have been the space which was occupied by gas bottles before A/S started using under slung gas tanks. It's a very usable space. I have also found out that the wheel arch hasn't got any insulating material on it so I've got another job to do. Just proves I shouldn't go sticking fingers in holes!!!

Well that is interesting info, I wonder if I’ve got the same hidden space? Will have a look tomorrow.

I’ve had a look in that space (there were 4 screws holding the rear panel down) and I’ve got the washroom heating duct plus the shower water pipes in there so I’m going to leave it as it is.

There was however, still plenty of space in there that A/S could have easily used to make that front hinged cupboard larger without any extra costs involved.
In a Symbol where storage is at a premium it does annoy me that they don’t utilise such spaces better. A bit like the step storage mod that I and others have done.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kaspian Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:46 am

Ditto on the Warwick Xl I highlighted a few days ago . The 3 drawers under the wardrobe could have been 4 inches  wider each but wood fillers added either side of the runners means loads of wasted useable space .
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : WARWICK XL

Back to top Go down

Post by SENTINEL Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:23 pm

Dbvwt wrote:

Oh! I need to have a look tomorrow - I wondered why there was such a big box that seemed to do nothing!
Ah! Just read further on and will probably find the same thing :(
SENTINEL
SENTINEL
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : EX-SYMBOL

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:23 pm

Have a look at all the unused spaces on the first page of this .
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:59 pm

Sentinel. Our hidden space only has a heating duct running through it to the wetroom. That's tied up against the upper inside edge of the space. We use it to store our walking boots which are quite bulky.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by suzetim Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:47 pm

Wow you just made me jump up and look! We have the small triangle but can’t get the covering up- will have to see how we can tomorrow. Ours looks screwed down( 2020 Symbol) will see how we can unscrew. Not wasting that space! What an extra bonus- if useable. Why have AS not used it? Thanks so much. wrote:I only found a large storage area under the floating wardrobe in our Symbol last week. Its behind the front hinged cupboard.  Its covered by a piece of contiboard. I noticed it had a small triangular cut out in the back left hand corner just big enough to hook a finger under and remove the contiboard. It must have been the space which was occupied by gas bottles before A/S started using under slung gas tanks. It's a very usable space. I have also found out that the wheel arch hasn't got any insulating material on it so I've got another job to do. Just proves I shouldn't go sticking fingers in holes!!!
suzetim
suzetim

Female

Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:08 pm

Suzetim - perhaps you'd like to say hello.....

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next