The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick drawer runners

4 posters

Go down

Warwick drawer runners Empty Warwick drawer runners

Post by kaspian Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:30 pm

Opened one of the 3 drawers  today on the Warwick xl ( under wardrobe) only to find it had collapsed on its runner. A closer inspection found exactly the same issue we had with our previous Kemerton . Two small headed screws attaching each runner  and the heads of which are barely larger than the slotted hole in the runner that they fix to.   Also the runners have been poorly aligned and the nylon wheels attached to the underside of the drawers barely contact the runner guide tracks resulting in the wheels derailing  off the side of the runner track and jamming the drawer.. 

An hour later and all fixed as it should have been when it was  made. Longer screws with larger diameter heads mean screws will not fall, through the holes in the runners and the guides have  been spaced correctly with some spacers behind the tracks so rollers have a good contact with the guides the length of the runner when opening and closing. I used some of the upvc frame spacers  available in a bag of varying thicknesses from  1 to 8mm .    Sad that it is beyond those who assemble the vans  to build them correctly but at least they are consistent! Another thing of note is the drawers could have been a good 3 to 4 inches wider as A/s have used pine 2 x 1 spacers to bring the width of the drawers in resulting in wasted space either side of the existing drawers.. poor design and loss  of valuable space.

It is easy to check your van , remove bottom drawer and this exposes runner and rollers of middle drawer when looking upwards from  below. Similarly remove middle drawer to check upper.It is easy to remove one screw at a time and replace with one with a larger diameter head.
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : WARWICK XL
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Warwick drawer runners Empty Re: Warwick drawer runners

Post by IanH Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Talking of useless drawers in a Warwick Duo, the one under the RH bed takes some beating!
Only occupies about 70% of the useable space, leaving most of the rest either difficult or impossible to use.
Here's my solution, capacity now:-
1 4 x 2l plastic bottles in carrier
2 At least 4 more on side behind rear wheel arch
3 12 bottles of wine or lots cans
4 2 x folding camping chairs
5 Our "spare" 11m EHU cable, the main 15m one is on a reel in the toilet cupboard
6 Our 2 folding water carriers

see pics:-
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:48 pm

just need some insulation on the wheel arch Ian and this will help with road sound as well
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : kemerton xl
Vehicle Year : 2019

IanH likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by T25Pete Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:59 am

Similar problem on my Symbol. Posted my fix a few weeks ago. Just like Kaspian I needed to fit spacers to get the wheels on the runners.
When I think back to my Nuevo I had to adjust all of the draw and cupboard latches to stop them flying open or rattling.
I would be checking very thoroughly at the dealer if I buy another. 
I wonder why I keep going back to AS ( 4 in 6 years ). I think that it must be fond memories of a Bedford pop top and the T4 Trident that restarted our camper / motorhome journey.
T25Pete
T25Pete

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down