The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick Duo under bed drawer

2 posters

Go down

Warwick Duo under bed drawer Empty Warwick Duo under bed drawer

Post by Gillyhar Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:34 pm

Hello Everyone

In an effort to make use of every available inch of space, I am thinking of removing the under bed drawer in our Warwick Duo.  There is quite an area around and under the drawer that is ‘lost’ or difficult to access.

I anticipate removing the drawer, (obviously!) supporting frame and runners and using the front fascia of the drawer to seal the hole – maybe hinged?  Access would be via lifting the bed frame, which would be the same scenario as for the other bed. 

I can’t see a down side, but before I pass the point of no return, has anyone tried this?  Did you regret it?!

Gill
Gillyhar
Gillyhar

Female

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Warwick Duo under bed drawer Empty Re: Warwick Duo under bed drawer

Post by Gromit Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:53 pm

Not exactly Gill, but I have made a hinged access door to the underbed storage on one side of our van. We find it very useful for getting at the shoes etc., without having to lift up the bed frame all the time, which was a bit of a pain in the backside.

I would suggest you plan to hinge the front fascia if it's big enough to cover the hole. If not, Alan at A/S stores sometimes has offcuts, and he sold me a piece for a tenner. The (imitation) wood grain runs the wrong way, but who cares - or even notices after a week. The colour match is perfect, so it's fine.

Alan also sells the "push - push" catches and piano hinge, so that could be useful to you as well.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Warwick Duo under bed drawer Empty Re: Warwick Duo under bed drawer

Post by Gillyhar Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:50 am

Hi Dave

Thanks for that.  My Husband did mention a 'piano hinge' for the fixing and the drawer front has those click in/out catches fitted anyway, so I reckon the job is almost done!
I'll post a picture of the result, in due course.

Gill
Gillyhar
Gillyhar

Female

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down