The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kemerton XL

5 posters

Go down

Kemerton XL Empty Kemerton XL

Post by tony.humphrey Mon May 16, 2022 3:13 pm

My 2019 Kemerton XL with 7000 miles seems to like blowing warm air even when heating and water is set to off.
This happens intermittently and since the Truma panel controls are off we can only stop it by turning power off at the Harmony panel. Switching Harmony back on almost immediately does not result in blower restarting.
Any ideas?
tony.humphrey
tony.humphrey

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemmerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Kemerton XL Empty Re: Kemerton XL

Post by Relaxez-Vous Mon May 16, 2022 4:23 pm

Do you have an EC700 or EC500 Sargent panel, A-S seemed to have made the change around Spring 2019. We have an EC700 on a van we bought in late June 2019.

So your Truma unit and large brown heating pipes under the bench seat feel hot and warm respectively to the touch, even though your Truma control unit is off?
Have you an iNet box that is controlling your heating? Is it powered on? I removed the power supply plug from our Kemerton XL's iNet box.
Can you hear air blowing out of any vents?
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL

Back to top Go down

Post by tony.humphrey Mon May 16, 2022 4:30 pm

The van is parked some way away so cannot say about EC700 or EC900 at the moment.
The Truma control panel all set to off, but power on at Harmony panel for lights etc.
Yes the heat is blowing, probably, on full fan through the vents for no reason.
Yes, there is an inet box, which is left powered on, but not requested to heat.
Many thanks
tony.humphrey
tony.humphrey

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Tue May 17, 2022 12:51 am

AFAIK If the Truma is off then it must be a fault.  Hopefully you are within the 3 year warranty, I wouldn't loose any time reporting it to your supplying dealer.
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Tue May 17, 2022 7:14 am

I agree with AutoSleepy_Don but just to clarify something, even when the Truma CP itself is OFF hot air is being blown from the Combi?  Or do you mean when the Truma CP is ON but the heating and hot water controls are off, the Combi blows hot air?  If the latter, what happens if you turn the Truma CP OFF (not APP) by holding down the button or won't it turn OFF? 

Assuming its an EC700, I wonder if it has got confused by not always turning the Truma CP to OFF before turning the EC700 power button off?

The next time it does it, it might be worth writing down the sequence of events and what you were doing with the controls at the time and what was being displayed on the CP.  Mine does funny things sometimes but generally it's OK.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by tony.humphrey Tue May 17, 2022 9:53 am

The Truma CP is on, heating and hot water controls are off.
Van now booked in to dealer as still under warranty - just. Wanted to ask if anyone had experienced the problem first as getting booked into a dealer these days seems to be a lengthy wait!
Will report outcome - if one found......
tony.humphrey
tony.humphrey

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Tue May 17, 2022 11:22 am

tony.humphrey wrote:The Truma CP is on, heating and hot water controls are off.
Van now booked in to dealer as still under warranty - just. Wanted to ask if anyone had experienced the problem first as getting booked into a dealer these days seems to be a lengthy wait!
Will report outcome - if one found......
I will be interested to hear what the dealer or Truma say.  If it helps, I think we have experienced your problem but only infrequently.  It was associated with button pressing rather than coming out of the blue.  I can't be certain of the conditions that caused it and certainly couldn't replicate them.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Thu May 19, 2022 10:37 am

We have an EC700.
There are truma settings within the auto sleeper control panel and the separate truma control panel.

I was advised not to use the controls in the auto sleeper panel just the truma panel.
Should any of that make sense. lol
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Thu May 19, 2022 11:12 am

I used to have Truma heating controls on the EC700 CP under setting as per page 15 of the Harmony manual but these were removed early on when I had a software upgrade to address another problem.  The Harmony manual recommends that the heating controls on the EC700 CP are not used.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Fri May 20, 2022 11:57 am

As I mentioned before on here, a Sargent technician told me in 2019 that their EC700 would be capable of handling the control of the Truma system but Truma objected as they had a contract with A-S for the separate control units.
I don't remember if I ever saw any reference to heating on my EC700 LCD panel, we had so much bother with it, replacement panels and software updates, it was probably a good thing that we had a separate Trums control box.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL

AutoSleepy_Don likes this post

Back to top Go down