The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autosleeper Symbol replacement window

3 posters

Go down

Autosleeper Symbol replacement window Empty Autosleeper Symbol replacement window

Post by milus Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:09 am

I need to replace the double window on the driver's side of my Autosleeper Symbol 2005 model, but have been unable to source a direct replacement. Does anyone have any experience of this and can advise on where I can obtain a suitable replacement?
milus
milus

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Symbol replacement window Empty Re: Autosleeper Symbol replacement window

Post by Paulmold Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:19 am

Eeco of Halifax. You'll have to remove your window, send to them and they will make one to pattern, expensive but other than finding one from a breakers, you don't have much choice.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Symbol replacement window Empty Re: Autosleeper Symbol replacement window

Post by Slow-Lane Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:40 am

Recently I needed to replace several windows in my Pollensa. Only the "glass" needed replacing, not the entire frame. To start with, you need to find out who made the window and whether you need to replace the whole thing or just the blade (blade, I discovered, is the technical term for the plastic "glass" used in these windows). If the window is made by Dometic/ Seitz you should find information about it in the top right-hand corner of the blade, which includes its part number and dimensions.  

I spent ages on the internet researching suppliers, and finally went with Brownhill's - https://www.brownhills.co.uk/motorhome-parts-and-spares.html.  

If your window is a Dometic / Seitz make I have a list of suppliers I found on the web which may save you some time and effort. I'd be happy to send it to you if you let me know your email address (it should be possible to PM me - there's a button in the message profile, but I've never tried it!).
Slow-Lane
Slow-Lane
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Pollensa
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by milus Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:34 pm

Thanks for the info. Looks like my window is made by Para Press, so i'll have to continue searching.
milus
milus

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down