The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

removing offside interior coachwork on Trophy

2 posters

Go down

removing offside interior coachwork on Trophy Empty removing offside interior coachwork on Trophy

Post by alan B Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:09 pm

Good evening all

We own much loved 1994 Trophy.  Have been able to find a replacement scrap offside centre panel from Calicampers and a local  engineer prepared to do the work.  Original panel very badly corroded beneath the window.  But he has asked if I can strip out as much of the inside in that area as I can.  I have been able to remove the bed, accessing the supporting frame.  Any advice on how to proceed most welcome.  There is the bed frame, the gas heater and the interior wall trim to do.  Many thanks in advance for any guidance.  Cheers   Alan
alan B
alan B

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trophy
Vehicle Year : 1994

Back to top Go down

removing offside interior coachwork on Trophy Empty Re: removing offside interior coachwork on Trophy

Post by Roopert Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:48 pm

Alan - I've never had to do the work on a Trophy, but I have on a Flair which is a similar layout in that area. The one easy thing is the Carver water heater - simply unplug the electrical controller and (probably velcro) straps from inside, then remove the cowl, unscrew the screws on the outside and it will slide a few inches out. This will allow you to disconnect the pipework in comfort outside the van. The whole thing then slides out of the side of the van. You may need to replace the water feed spigots as they get brittle with age.

In the Flair, the easiest approach to the bed/drawer assembly was simply to unscrew the brackets that hold it down to the floor and lift the whole thing out. You can't attack it top-down, as A/S cover over the screw heads! I still had a fight with the drawers, as the runners seem to have been fitted before the unit was put in the van...
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down