The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blind on the offside window on Duetto

4 posters

Go down

Blind on the offside window on Duetto Empty Blind on the offside window on Duetto

Post by Cainnech Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:48 pm

Can anybody help with a suggestion as to how I can either repair or replace the blind/flyscreen on the window of my Ford Duetto. (thats the one behind the long seat on drivers side) It has a tear about 10-15cm in the middle and I had hoped to find some material to furnish a patch but no luck. I don't want to spend a fortune (can't afford to) but would like it fixed. The van is a '96 model and is in really nice order so this tends to spoil the finish.

Thanks

Ken
Cainnech
Cainnech

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Blind on the offside window on Duetto Empty Re: Blind on the offside window on Duetto

Post by cyclops2 Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:10 pm

Is the tear in the blind or the fly screen

Pete
Certa cito

cyclops2
cyclops2

Male

Member Age : 85
Auto-Sleeper Model : 1998 Duetto

Back to top Go down

Blind on the offside window on Duetto Empty Re: Blind on the offside window on Duett

Post by eddytheeagle Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:10 pm

I recently bought a 1995 Duetto and decided to replace the blind / flyscreen in the window in the roof, above the one I assume that you have the problem with. This was because the blind part was damaged. I ordered a replacement from Autosleeper. I don't know what your budget is but it is worthwhile 'phoning them to get a quote. However, beware, as the postage cost is quite high.

I don't know when the design changed but what they sent me was not the same design as the original and too tall (by around 2cm) to fit in the space available. I spoke to Autosleeper and we agreed that by reducing the height of the side pillars all would OK. This proved to be the case but you just need to be careful how you cut the pillars as they contain the holes that make sure that the blinds stay up.

This now gave me the problem that the one I had fitted did not match the corresponding one on the nearside. I therefore replaced that one as well.

The upshot is that I now have spare one blind / flyscreen assembly and one flyscreen on its own. These are, though, for the roof windows in the Duetto, not the one I think that you have the problem with. I will check tomorrow to see whether they are the same width and might, therefore, fit the lower window as well.
eddytheeagle
eddytheeagle

Back to top Go down

Blind on the offside window on Duetto Empty Re: Blind on the offside window on Duett

Post by eddytheeagle Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:55 am

Hi,

I have checked this morning and while the two windows are the same width, there is not sufficient material in the blind / flyscreen I have removed to fit the larger, lower window. If it is this one you are having trouble with, therefore, I'm afraid I can't help further. If it the smaller, higher window then what I have will probably fit.

eddytheeagle
eddytheeagle
eddytheeagle

Back to top Go down

Blind on the offside window on Duetto Empty Re: Blind on offside window on Duetto

Post by Cainnech Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:04 pm

Sorry should have said it is the actual blind. I had hoped there might be some form of patch as I am not sure how to go about dismantling the fram to replace it.

Ken
Cainnech
Cainnech

Male

Back to top Go down

Blind on the offside window on Duetto Empty Re: Blind on Duetto

Post by Cainnech Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:06 pm

And I should also say it is the main window not the top ones. Looks as if previous owner stuck something through - perhaps when making beds up.

Ken
Cainnech
Cainnech

Male

Back to top Go down

Blind on the offside window on Duetto Empty Re: Blind on the offside window on Duetto

Post by cyclops2 Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:12 am

I have replaced the fly screen. Would think that the blind would be similar. It couldn't have been too hard if I managed it. I followed instruction as per article in MMM magazine. I believe it was August last year. Normal flyscreens do not stop west highland midges. So I replaced mine with some net curtain.
Pete
certa cito
cyclops2
cyclops2

Male

Back to top Go down

Blind on the offside window on Duetto Empty Re: Blind

Post by Cainnech Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:11 am

I don't take MMM (spend enough on Photo mags), would this article be available online and any suggestions as to where you can buy the silver blind material?

Regards

Ken
Cainnech
Cainnech

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclops2 Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:57 pm

Think the best thing you could do is contact Autosleepers I believe this is the blind in the Duetto so if no luck with autosleepers give seitz a try

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Pete
certa cito

cyclops2
cyclops2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclops2 Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Another site to look at

Pete
certa cito
cyclops2
cyclops2

Male

Back to top Go down

Blind on the offside window on Duetto Empty Re:Blind on the offside window on Duetto

Post by whisky Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:27 pm

Hi Cainnech.

I have been following your topic. If you can get the flyscreen and blind material larger than the window it is not a problem to cut it to size it dosn't fray. It is quite easy to fit it into the blind cassette. The hard bit is normally removing the cassette. Once you have got it out remove the end caps this will reveal the two white tensioning screws. Release the tension, watch fingers. Pull blind or flyscreen out fully. Best doing one at a time. when fully out you will see a plastic cord looks like strimmer wire. Pull this out of the end of the roller this will release the material from the groove in the roller. Fold over about 3/4 to 1 inch of the new blind material and slide it into the roller groove push the plastic cord through the loop of material in the roller groove to secure it. then turn the white screw to retension the blind. don't overdo the tensioning as when refitted the blind will fly up uncontrolably.

Sound difficult but it isn't. Be brave, also difficult to break anything.

Hope this helps. whisky.Blind on the offside window on Duetto 1121740306
whisky
whisky

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive

Back to top Go down