The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2002 Trident Security

3 posters

Go down

2002 Trident Security Empty 2002 Trident Security

Post by Retirerehirelife Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:00 am

Hi all.
If youve seen my earlier post, we have bought a 2002 Trident and we will be picking up in about 2 weeks.

I got security in mind and I’m planning ahead with help from you all.
For Trident Owners I am wondering how secure the Trident T4 is?

From looking on youtube there are some obvious issues with all vans and motorhomes.
1. Sliding large door.
2. Side window next to the kitchen.
3. Both front doors.

Ive already ordered a contact/shock censor alarm for the window.
I have a steering wheel lock for the steering wheel and I already have a pedal lock for the T4.
I already have a large loop cable for between the front door handles.

Thoughts...
I have seen some people drill a hole to the sliding runner for the large sliding door to add a padlock to it to prevent the door sliding back. Good idea?

The van doesnt have an alarm. Should I invest in one or is it not worth it?

Anyone added deadlocks to the sliding door?

Thank in advance.
Bob.
Retirerehirelife
Retirerehirelife

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : T4 Trident 2.5 TDI
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

2002 Trident Security Empty Re: 2002 Trident Security

Post by IanH Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:16 pm

This one for the sliding door.......https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwiQi56w3-rpAhWjgFAGHQheBHoYABAJGgJkZw&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESQeD2zvRCvoIYYvr8iGFimfKlK7Di2wbzQFTnIB5HMnN2bd9e7ZupuoEkkxgz3YccuxT8hqEwx85eXjyT-On-X8LG&sig=AOD64_1oqJFTzQu2Cj5HQPOf2t2d56FXSw&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwjL7pWw3-rpAhWTSsAKHes9CvEQ9aACegQIDBA3&adurl=

These for the cab doors...........https://www.amazon.co.uk/Milenco-Cab-Door-Lock-Twin/dp/B00K812OMI.......Can be left in locked position but not locked when you are in the vehicle, just lock them when away from it.

There are sliding door window locks, but opinions on here differ!

Be sure that whatever you do you can get out the vehicle from the inside without using keys.

IF there is NO AIRBAG or other electrical connections to it, it may be possible to remove the steering wheel if you're away from home on, say, a package holiday. I used to do this with my 1999 Renault Trafic Eribacar, a neighbour stored the wheel for me. I MUST stress, ONLY if no airbag fitted.

Up to you re alarms, more bother than worth IMHO!
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

2002 Trident Security Empty Re: 2002 Trident Security

Post by inspiredron Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:47 pm

Not sure about make of Trident base vehicle.
The front doors on my 2001 244 Ducati were totally insecure. If you knew how the linkage worked you could put a wire coathanger down between window and body to open the locked door in a couple of seconds. I protected the linkage with some plastic conduit so that the coathanger wire could not get at the linkage.

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down