The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Symbol sink fixings and drawer runnres

2 posters

Go down

Symbol sink fixings and drawer runnres Empty Symbol sink fixings and drawer runnres

Post by T25Pete Sun May 17, 2020 12:07 pm

Hi everyone, 
The tap on my 2018 Symbol was loose so I lift the draw out so that I could get to the fixing nut.
While reaching under the sink to get a small spanner on to the tap nut I noticed that the sink was lifting up. It appears that it just rests into the worktop with only the waste connection to stop it lifting out. 
This doesn’t sound right but I can’t see any fixing points. Can anyone help.

When I put the drawer back in I couldn’t get it to run smoothly. Taking a closer look I could see that the fixed runners are further apart than the drawer runners so that the wheels on the drawer drop off. I had to pack out the right hand runner by 5mm. All is now good and smooth and the latch is more positive. 
I have only had the van since December, but this was obviously a build defect.

This is my 5th Autosleeper with 3 having this type of furniture ( rather than the real wood) so I have come to accept that they need a degree of tinkering to get them right and keep them that way. Fingers crossed blush.

Cheers
Pete
T25Pete
T25Pete

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Symbol sink fixings and drawer runnres Empty Re: Symbol sink fixings and drawer runnres

Post by Dbvwt Sun May 17, 2020 2:03 pm

Looks like 2 screws, one each side towards the back of the sink under the lid (they have black covers) and I’m guessing the black front sink lid support doubles up as a fixing into the worktop.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Symbol sink fixings and drawer runnres Empty Re: Symbol sink fixings and drawer runnres

Post by T25Pete Sun May 17, 2020 2:21 pm

Thanks Dbvwt.
I’ll take a look to see if they were ever there 
Cheers
Pete
T25Pete
T25Pete

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Sun May 17, 2020 2:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by T25Pete Sun May 17, 2020 4:22 pm

Yep, all three screws are there but making no purchase on the worktop. 
A little more investigation needed.
Thanks
Pete
T25Pete
T25Pete

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Sun May 17, 2020 4:32 pm

It is just my thoughts Pete but I genuinely believe that many Autosleeper workers don’t choose the right screw for the job in hand and seem to have some kind of ‘pick and mix’ box that they just delve into and don’t care if it’s too short, too long or if they are a bit tired don’t even bother fitting it at all!!

Luckily, my van seems to have been built on a Monday rather than a Friday afternoon, it is shocking to read about some of the build quality issues that many have had.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by T25Pete Mon May 18, 2020 8:25 pm

I’m not sure that this is exclusive to AS. When we decided to switch back to a Symbol we started with the “local” dealers.
The seat box on a brand new Symbol Plus was littered with screws. We then went up the road to a caravan dealer. Exactly the same but in a top locker.
I guess it’s handy to have a few spares blush.
T25Pete
T25Pete

Male

Back to top Go down