The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear seat belt ?

4 posters

Go down

Rear seat belt ? Empty Rear seat belt ?

Post by Andy Coxhead Tue May 15, 2012 4:57 pm

Has anybody had a "retro fit" seat belt fitted to the settee on a Boxer based Symphony ( S reg )?
If you have ( or not) can you recommend any fitters.....Lancashire/ Manchester area ?
Andy Coxhead
Andy Coxhead

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony

Back to top Go down

Rear seat belt ? Empty Re: Rear seat belt ?

Post by boxerman Tue May 15, 2012 5:42 pm

Hi Andy,
There were a pair of lapbelts on our Symphony when we bought it. They were just bolted to a length of angle iron which in turn was bolted to the bed structure beneath the side window. I have no idea who fitted this/these but going by all the paperwork I got with the van, the previous owner was not a DIYer. I am not recommending this method, merely saying that this was how they were fixed on my van before I removed and dumped them.

You will now no doubt be inundated with people telling you that you should not allow people to use the side seats when travelling etc.etc.etc.etc.ect......

Rgds
Frank
(from down the road)
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by RML Tue May 15, 2012 7:56 pm

Hi Andy. When we aquired our Gatcombe i contacted AS to ask if they could retro fit rear seatbelts. The reply was '.... as we no longer make this model we would have to fabricate a workshop test rig to test the seatbelt mountings then remake the mount to fit the van requiring major surgery - this is for seatbelt law compliance....' - not verbatum. I decided against it. Also, I believe that passengers above the age of 11 may ride on the back side facing seats, but check your insurance..... snap!.... that's the sound of a can of worms being opened.. well, someone had to do it.

RML..... boo
RML
RML

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex - Gatcombe
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by dandywarhol Tue May 15, 2012 10:58 pm

I fitted a pair of lap belts to the bed box section with these: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The belts are close up to the baulkhead as AS recommend passengers sit and are purely for emergency use.

I expect the floodgates to open now too............................ rolleyes

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex Clubman Anniversa
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Rear seat belt ? Empty seat belt reply

Post by Andy Coxhead Thu May 17, 2012 1:44 pm

cheers guys for the tips.....already decided NOT to go ahead ....just too messy, thanks for teh responces allthumbz
Andy Coxhead
Andy Coxhead

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony

Back to top Go down