The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trident & Trooper Rear Seat Belt Replacement

2 posters

Go down

Trident & Trooper Rear Seat Belt Replacement Empty Trident & Trooper Rear Seat Belt Replacement

Post by CC Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:35 pm

Thought some body may find the following information of value should they need to replace their rear seat belts in either the Auto-Sleeper Trident or Trooper vehicles.

Our drivers side rear belt got damaged by our dog (long story) anyway.. looking for a replacement belt proved far more difficult than I could have imagined, to avoid the same happening to you in the future it may pay to make a note of the details below for future reference.

Here is our orginal belt fitted:

Trident & Trooper Rear Seat Belt Replacement 2eediis

Trident & Trooper Rear Seat Belt Replacement 2n8d07s

We have tried three different Securon belts over the last week or so, all of which were totally unsuitable. We contacted Securon (manufacturers of the fitted seat belts) who were not that helpful, despite giving all the details of the vehicle they were unable to confirm fittment and suggested we contact Auto-Sleeper parts dept.

Our first contact to Auto-Sleeper parts dept also proved fruitless, which I really dont understand as they have carried out the conversion on literally thousands of AS Trident & Trooper models over the years 😕 yet they were very vague about which part I needed, they requested I sent an email with photos of the actual belt and the mounting positions. I then received this email response which TBH didn't instill any confidence!

email response: I have forwarded to the guys to see and our problem is the one you have we dont use any longer. They think the one used in the T5 current van will be okay but we cant be sure. The belt cert. no. on yours is 0416386 and the new is 0416483. I dont know if Securon can supply the original.Thing is if I send this and you use it you will have the hassle of sending it back.

As you can imagine I'm begining to tear my hair out by this point, further emails pretty much confirmed what had already been said but they did confirm that the orginal securon Part No: for the original seat belt is 500/ADJ75 but that this had since been discontinued 🇳🇴 with this in mind they suggested I try the belt they fit to the new T5 Trident & Trooper models but again they couldn't confirm for certain if they would fit (remember these are the people who carry out these conversions in the 1st place) help!

Contacting Securon again they confirmed the belt had indeed been discontinued but were unable to confirm which belt they replaced it with and currently supply to AS (think you can see a pattern here can't you?) OK... with this information on board I then call AS to order the belt, the parts dept told me to try the Securon part No: 500/WA as this is the current belt they use for the T5 models. So after giving my card details and address I then clarified if the orientation would work horizontally (as Securon make seat belts in horizontal / vertical / as well as an adjustable type suitable for either orientation, at this point I was told "I don't really know?" then went on to say "it's an upright mounted belt" - As the belt is mounted horizontally I then had to convince them that the offside rear belt was attatched to the ceiling and not the side of the camper therefore an upright belt wouldn't be suitable (why is this so difficult?) I was then told that in that case "You might be better off trying the Securon 507/W the belt that is fitted to the current T5 Trident & Trooper conversions".

I then asked if the 507/W belt kit came with the extra long seat buckle as this also needs to be replaced and was told "I don't know if it's the extra long one or not? I would presume it is as these are fitted to the current models" now this is quite important as the buckle needs to be the extra long webbing strap as it has to fit down behind the seat and attaches to a fixing on the floor so (again I can't understand why AS were so vague) I said OK lets give it a try anyway and see :nice one cyril

Earlier today the seat belt arrived and after inspection I can confirm it looks different to the orginal part (no surprise there) but it does look like it should fit, also it appears to be the adjustable type so should work upright or in horizontal orientation (fingers crossed) if it is adjustable though why is is not called 507/WA (A is for adjustable Securon told me) 😕
I was unable to attempt fitting today as it's been raining here all afternoon, so hopefully I will get the chance to attempt fitting tomorow.

So to clarify the following:

The orginal securon Part No: (for the original seat belt) is 500/ADJ75 - Cert No: 0416386

The current belt (providing it fits) is Part No: 507/W or 507/WA (not 500/W as stated above)

Auto-Sleeper have their own code to confuse matters even more Ref: SB0414

The box it arrived in has a label showing "Securon 507/W TROOPER 4 POINT RETRACTOR" (note the words "Trooper") how difficult would it have been to get this box off the shelf to check it came with the extra long buckle? the fact it has "Trooper" on the label gives us a big clue here right? Suspect I just wanted to make others aware of this information in the unlikely event that you should need to replace your rear belt/s for whatever unlikely reason, personally I feel it shouldn't be this difficult to obtain such a standardised item, and as much as I hate to criticise Auto-Sleeper this really shouldn't have been as difficult as it proved so angry

Here is a pic of the new 507/W belt kit:

Trident & Trooper Rear Seat Belt Replacement Xdcdq8

Anyway.. will update post after fitting

Regards

CC

Last edited by CruizingComet on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:26 am; edited 2 times in total
CC
CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Trident & Trooper Rear Seat Belt Replacement Empty Re: Trident & Trooper Rear Seat Belt Replacement

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:29 pm

Hope it is the correct one for you dunno

Good Luck
:thumbs up:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Trident & Trooper Rear Seat Belt Replacement Empty Re: Trident & Trooper Rear Seat Belt Replacement

Post by CC Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:06 pm

Just an update regarding the seat belt which I got around to fitting this morning, it fitted ok although it is quite different to the original part (which I knew already) it functions fine though so thats all that matters, the only negative thing is the retractor protrudes out further than the original and as such is very close to the rear winsdscreen, not a problem in it's self but does make drawing the rear curtains a little fiddly as you have to gently tease it past the retractor, not ideal but if we can't get the original part I guess that's the small price we have to pay :whistle:

CC
CC
CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:55 am

least it works mate thats the main thing big thumbs up
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DanLear Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:28 am

Hi,

sorry to drag up an old thread but I need to replace the drivers-side rear belt in my Trooper.  The OP is a huge help, but can I check that the part you ordered included the additional "hanger" (not sure of the correct term) circled in red from the original picture below.
I can get one from eBay here - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  is this the same?
Thanks in advance,
Dan
Trident & Trooper Rear Seat Belt Replacement 2eediis
DanLear
DanLear

Male

Member Age : 51
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper

Back to top Go down