The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear seat belt / dog harness - 2019Fairford

+2
Roopert
Karen Mcfarlane
6 posters

Go down

Rear seat belt / dog harness - 2019Fairford  Empty Rear seat belt / dog harness - 2019Fairford

Post by Karen Mcfarlane Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:08 pm

Has anyone else found that the rear seatbelt buckle is not standard, so universal dog harness will not plug in? If so how did you get round it? Any ideas welcome, we’re due to go off traveling with the dog!
Karen Mcfarlane
Karen Mcfarlane

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Rear seat belt / dog harness - 2019Fairford  Empty Re: Rear seat belt / dog harness - 2019Fairford

Post by Roopert Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:51 pm

On one of our cars we have the same issue, so we fasten the belt with nobody in the seat, ignore the "universal" buckle and clove hitch (i.e. wrap round the looped end and pass it through the end loop) the strap to the belt itself. This may not be advisable if you have a very heavy dog, because a clove hitch weakens the strap (by IIRC 40%) but for our dog - which only weighs a few kilos - it's not a problem.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Rear seat belt / dog harness - 2019Fairford  Empty Re: Rear seat belt / dog harness - 2019Fairford

Post by Traficlady Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:28 am

Pets at a Home do a strap, I think it’s £5, which has three different connectors on it.

Nora

Female

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffee Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:34 pm

We found the Fairford rear seat too short for the small dog we used to have, so she traveled in the footwell at the front as would a guide dog.
Toffee

Male

Member Age : 57
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Traficlady Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:11 pm

Toffee wrote:We found the Fairford rear seat too short for the small dog we used to have, so she traveled in the footwell at the front as would a guide dog.

My dog travels between the front seats but attached to the passenger seat belt. I wouldn’t like to have her lose. In the car, she has the back seat and Isco attached to the seat belt socket.

Nora

Female

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Rear seat belt / dog harness - 2019Fairford  Empty Rear seatbelt

Post by aladin Thu May 09, 2019 10:44 am

We have the same problem with our m7 Duetto, we have the three ended strap from Pets at home but it still won't fit the Securon seat belt.I am thinking of getting a s/h Ford seat belt socket and fitting it alongside the rear one under the seat.
aladin
aladin

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : duetto
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Thu May 09, 2019 11:38 am

Have you tried contacting Securon to see if they can supply a spare belt clip? I have found them very helpful in the past.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorfal Thu May 09, 2019 8:49 pm

I hear ya , we are in same position and in fact I’ve posted in past few days on another thread.  They are not Peugeot fitted belts but done as part of conversion where AS have , as mentioned use securon. The connections Nora mentions are not suitable, you need a c clip type fitting from securon.... good luck with that lol. I’m guessing it was done cheaply as it’s a nightmare trying to find bits to go along with it.

In terms of space on that seat , I’ve removed the lumbar support to increase surface area for a dog. I also do as mentioned and use harness onto ready clipped in belt 

Using between front seats isn’t an option unless dog is small and is not big enough for a crate.

We now have three dogs. One sits behind driver, harnessed by way of extension lead. One under table on sumptuous cushion also harnessed and pup in crate secured by seat belts on forward facing rear seat. I guess not perfect but a pain to find securon c lip harnesses
Lorfal
Lorfal
Donator
Donator

Female

Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down