The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuel consumption on a Volkswagen Talent 2.

3 posters

Go down

Fuel consumption on a Volkswagen Talent 2. Empty Fuel consumption on a Volkswagen Talent 2.

Post by chalky Mon May 14, 2012 11:06 am

Hello,

We have recently purchased a 1996 Volkawagen Talent with a 2.0 petrol engine. It has covered 65,000 miles.
I seem to be getting about 22 mpg, on mainly A roads & Motorways, driven around 50 mph on A roads & 60 mph on Motorways.

I wonder if anyone with a similar type vehicle could let me know if this is what i should be getting.

Regards

Chalky.
chalky
chalky

Auto-Sleeper Model : Talent

Back to top Go down

Fuel consumption on a Volkswagen Talent 2. Empty Re: Fuel consumption on a Volkswagen Talent 2.

Post by Tattybogle Tue May 15, 2012 5:36 pm

This sounds about right to me. Perhaps slightly on the low side but considering it's a high top and partially 'laden' with fixtures and fittings probably normal. You can read some incredible claims for fuel economy on various forums, all the way from 15 mpg to 40 mpg so the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. Of course so much depends upon driving style, maintenance and the types of journey undertaken. Mid 20's seems realistic.
Tattybogle
Tattybogle

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : T4 Trident

Back to top Go down

Fuel consumption on a Volkswagen Talent 2. Empty Re: Fuel consumption on a Volkswagen Talent 2.

Post by chalky Thu May 17, 2012 8:12 am

Thanks for your reply, sorry about the delay in the responding, we have been to Derbyshire to get the van re-upholstered.

We had a full fresh water tank, i emptied it before we left, the round trip was 270 miles we used half a tank. I'm going to fill up today,so should have a good idea of the mpg.

Regards

Chalky
chalky
chalky

Auto-Sleeper Model : Talent

Back to top Go down

Post by cjp0349 Sun May 20, 2012 12:50 pm

Sounds like your another one who isn't very impressed with the fuel consumption of the VW Transporter 2 litre petrol engine Chalky. I posted a similar topic about 6 months ago as I could not believe I was only getting low 20s normal/mid 20s motorway from my 92 Trooper with the same power unit, no better than the 1970 Bay Window the T4 replaced so_sad Consensus of opinion was that's about right.
Although I think that its a great motorway cruiser when I come to replace the T4 in the future anything with the 2 litre petrol engine will not be considered! happyno Diesel next for me I think.
Cheers
Carl
cjp0349
cjp0349

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : VW T4 Trooper

Back to top Go down