The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kemerton XL

+7
Cymro
Paulmold
Paramedic
Kemerton-bath
Dbvwt
palette
OldWomble
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kemerton XL - Page 2 Empty Re: Kemerton XL

Post by Kemerton-bath Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:29 pm

I’m probably missing something here.  

Over many years of using van conversions, including wild-camping, we’ve found the fresh-water, grey-water and black-water tanks to all need servicing after about 3 days, maybe 4 at a push. In other words they’re sized consistently, with no single tank being on the critical path.

Therefore I don’t see the benefit, particularly since you’ve eaten into your mass allowance by at least 75kg.

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Kemerton XL - Page 2 Empty Re: Kemerton XL

Post by glyne lock Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:48 pm

Hi Tim
as you have said  yourself don't see a benefit but to other it could
I now don't have to carry a aquaroll in side my van like lots of others do as I did in my last van
if I am on a site can fill both tanks and not have to move
most campers are 90L to 120L and I now can carry 144L
when abroad and you have to pay to fill up with water I can fill both tanks
as for  how much I would  have eaten into my mass I have plenty spare after uprating as I will also have  sea kayaks on the roof .so yes 3.5 T is no good for myself. when you hold a hgv licence like myself if you are stopped and found to be over loaded you could get call up in front of the traffic commissioner and have my licence taken away? so the up grade for my camper was a must.
I will have plenty of water to rinse off the kayaks before loading on my roof so for myself and anybody that needs to carry more water as I have shown it can be done on the xl chassis
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : kemerton xl
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2