The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto-Sleepers Kemerton

+4
plattypus
CC
squip
batch
8 posters

Go down

Auto-Sleepers Kemerton Empty Auto-Sleepers Kemerton

Post by batch Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:03 pm

Hi, I last posted a topic on this forum back in Dec (2011) at that time apart from saying hello I expressed a couple of concerns that my wife and I had in buying a new AS Symbol, thankfully, owing to those that responded to my posting my concerns appeared to have been unfounded. Having had a few weeks to look at the alternitives mainly Autocruise we have decided to stick with AS, but not as we had originally thought a Symbol but a Kemerton. We have just paid the deposit and are expecting (hoping) to collect the van at the end of March. Thank you to those that took the time to respond to my original posting.

Regards
Batch
batch
batch

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton

Back to top Go down

Auto-Sleepers Kemerton Empty Re: Auto-Sleepers Kemerton

Post by squip Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:19 pm

Batch
The Kemerton is a fine looking van, up! a bit like an elongated Symbol but the bathroom is much bigger and looks super. Enjoy it when you get it.

squip
squip
squip
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:58 pm

Good luck with your Kemerton Batch gimmefive

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by plattypus Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:05 pm

hi batch
Good luck & enjoy your Kemerton, Never seen one, get us some pics whenever you can. gimmefive

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : 2006 Symbol ES

Back to top Go down

Post by spook69 Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:30 pm

Never heard of a Kemerton before. Nice looking van. Bigger than a Trident, but cheaper!

Link to Autosleepers Kemerton web site [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Looks more like a yacht interior than a camper van!

Very nice, you could live in that for long periods of time - enjoy.
spook69
spook69

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident (VW T4)

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:44 am

The Kemerton is indeed a good choice a Pug based and a larger version of the Topaz. Being a longer and wider van than the Topaz I feel this van will do well we first saw early last year and I think that was the AS demo van. This is a van if the dealers put in stock it will sell
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Auto-Sleepers Kemerton Empty Kemerton

Post by Noel Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:12 pm

We upgraded from a Symbol to a Kemerton in mid September 2011, Batch. You may be interested in our answers to any queries you have. Others may be interested why. Cheers. Noel
Noel
Noel

Back to top Go down

Post by batch Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:22 pm

Noel wrote:We upgraded from a Symbol to a Kemerton in mid September 2011, Batch. You may be interested in our answers to any queries you have. Others may be interested why. Cheers. Noel

Hi Noel
Having looked at both vans we feel that the Kemerton, as far as we are concerned is the better option, only time will tell. Hopefully, as you have owned both you would consider the Kemerton to be the better van. Your comments would certainly be of interest.
Batch
batch
batch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Noel Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:30 pm

We had a Symbol (old size Peugeot base) with a back box. The Kemerton we have now is a bit over 2 feet longer inside (outside, with the back box, it's not that much longer) but the extra length gives a much greater sense of space. The lounge area is probably not bigger than the Symbol, but the extra room in the kitchen area adds to the feeling of a more spacious lounge. Of course the bathroom is much better - in fact, it's a dream. We find there is much more space for storage than we had before, even though the room under the settee has a large heater unit taking up a great deal of space. The bed (double) makes up more easily than the one in our Symbol did, but there's no way you could have two real single beds. Despite some thinking there's little room in the overhead compartment we find we can get two sheets, a blanket, a cover, a sleeping bag and the two bed infill cushions in it! This is because I had the 'van adapted - the stand-alone table came out and was adapted to be like the smaller table (pole style) with a hole for it in the same position as in the Symbol. Then both tables are attached between the two back doors and the back of the shower for travelling (this also frees up room in the wardrobe). Both tables can now be used outside (we have a tripod for that). I also had a curtain (matching in material the front curtain) put right across the back of the washroom (covering up that when exiting and also providing extra insulation). All in all we are delighted. It drives brilliantly and is no bigger than a delivery van (think: narrow lanes!), but it's the Symbol's big brother in my opinion. Cheers. Noel
Noel
Noel

Back to top Go down

Auto-Sleepers Kemerton Empty kemerton

Post by batch Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:44 pm

Hi Noel
Thanks for your reply, all sounds good. Loooking forward to collecting our van in a few weeks time.
Batch
batch
batch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:16 pm

Noel wrote:We had a Symbol (old size Peugeot base) with a back box. The Kemerton we have now is a bit over 2 feet longer inside (outside, with the back box, it's not that much longer) but the extra length gives a much greater sense of space. The lounge area is probably not bigger than the Symbol, but the extra room in the kitchen area adds to the feeling of a more spacious lounge. Of course the bathroom is much better - in fact, it's a dream. We find there is much more space for storage than we had before, even though the room under the settee has a large heater unit taking up a great deal of space. The bed (double) makes up more easily than the one in our Symbol did, but there's no way you could have two real single beds. Despite some thinking there's little room in the overhead compartment we find we can get two sheets, a blanket, a cover, a sleeping bag and the two bed infill cushions in it! This is because I had the 'van adapted - the stand-alone table came out and was adapted to be like the smaller table (pole style) with a hole for it in the same position as in the Symbol. Then both tables are attached between the two back doors and the back of the shower for travelling (this also frees up room in the wardrobe). Both tables can now be used outside (we have a tripod for that). I also had a curtain (matching in material the front curtain) put right across the back of the washroom (covering up that when exiting and also providing extra insulation). All in all we are delighted. It drives brilliantly and is no bigger than a delivery van (think: narrow lanes!), but it's the Symbol's big brother in my opinion. Cheers. Noel

Just wondering how you're getting on with your fridge. We took delivery of our new Kemerton three weeks ago and the Thetford fridge doesn't work. Apparently Thetford tell me that they only work when the van is parked on the level only 2 degrees tollerance. I've only got it to work one day in six so far. Thetford don't want to know and I'm having stressful battles with the dealer. It's already been in for 2o+ faults and we're working our way through them. Wish I'd kept my three year old conversion. Everything worked. A motorhome with a Thetford fridge is not fit for purpose. I've even parked on a superpitch and even that wasn;t flat enough. Give me a Dometic fridge anyday.
Kemerton
Kemerton

Back to top Go down

Post by batch Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:28 pm

Hi ????
Sorry to hear of your problems, Although we were expecting to take delivery of our Kemerton last week we have been told that it is now going to be another 3 weeks. Hopefully we will not experience the same problems but only time will tell, I will keep you posted.
Batch
batch
batch

Male

Back to top Go down