The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

loose bathroom tap on a Kemerton XL

+5
GP1069
glyne lock
KMRTOPAZ
Kemerton-bath
Relaxez-Vous
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

loose bathroom tap on a Kemerton XL - Page 2 Empty Re: loose bathroom tap on a Kemerton XL

Post by KMRTOPAZ Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:53 pm

Thanks to babian for the photos which clearly show that my assumption was incorrect !
Keith
KMRTOPAZ
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 91
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz T5
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

loose bathroom tap on a Kemerton XL - Page 2 Empty Kemerton XL bathroom tap

Post by nickcull Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:29 pm

Same issue for us. First time the water supply hose became detached and flooded the entire underfloor area. This happened while we were in France so had no alternative but to empty water tank and allow everything to dry out. Dealer fixed but tap was the. Exceptionally stiff to use and it had to be returned for a second time. Fingers crossed ok so far. Agree with other comments about poor quality build and problem of having to dismantle unit, repair and then reseal. Not designed for diy!
nickcull
nickcull

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

loose bathroom tap on a Kemerton XL - Page 2 Empty Re: loose bathroom tap on a Kemerton XL

Post by Relaxez-Vous Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:41 pm

Though our Kemerton XL is still under warranty I have only modest confidence in either the dealer sorting out our loosening tap, AGAIN, or A/S in their choice of tap as an originally fitment, I'm stuck with this model of tap I assume for our van.
Since my last post I bought and now have received a similar replacement tap as fitted by A/S (it was cheap enough plus they included the two flexible hoses). I wanted to understand both it's construction and fitting, as sure as eggs is eggs, I expect to be working on this tap in the future when our van is out of warranty when it becoming more my responsibility.

Looking at my new tap, the lower metal ring appears not to provide a water-tight fitting, that is provided on the swivel spout by O-rings. There seems no benefit to having this metal ring screwed up tight against the swivel spout. I did lubricate the spout with some silicone grease but I was disappointed at the force still required to turn the swivel. I might remove this grease and try some lighter silicone spray. I had none of this with our plastic bathroom tap on our previous A/S van, when they knew how to build vans. Now they are too clever by half, all show no delivery. ...like the blue LED lights in our Kemerton's shower. Does A/S care?
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:42 pm

This is an update regarding the solution to our loose tap issue.
In January 2020 we went back to our A-S dealer for at least a 2nd time to have yet again our loose bathroom mixer tap tightened. From new the swivel spout was so stiff and the torque required to turn it was so high it was causing the mounting screw to become repeatedly loose, so the tap became loose.  I bought a similar tap online and it was just as stiff as the one A-S had fitted. Rather than tackle the issue by sourcing a firmer mounting which someone else on ASOF has done, or me tackling the job myself, I recently visited A-S in Willersey who replaced the tap for one that was different, the spout swivelled easily. As the van was still under warranty there was no charge, no £200.

There was a remaining issue. The tap A-S fitted had a longer control rod which when the sink was folded up it impinged on the basin causing the tap to turn on. Fortunately I was able to swap the top from my spare tap which had a shorter control rod.

If anyone needs to visit A-S in Willersey for a similar tap issue be aware of this, get them to swap the tap tops over, or possibly they mount the tap slightly more clockwise. Ask them if you can keep your old tap just in case.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2