The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duetto LE Loose Kitchen Tap

+2
Dutto
scovell001
6 posters

Go down

Duetto LE Loose Kitchen Tap Empty Duetto LE Loose Kitchen Tap

Post by scovell001 Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:38 pm

Hi to all on the Forum.

Our Duetto LE has a loose kitchen mixer tap. I can physically lift the whole tap up about 1/2 an inch & see the pipes coming up through the bottom. An ordinary mixer tap (in your house) would have some form of nut or washer/nut assembly to hold everything in place. Our Duetto doesn't seem to have such a nut, washer etc holding the taps on. I just wondered if there are any other Duetto LE or MK VI transit Duetto's (they have the same kitchen) out there & if they could tell me how their tap is secured?

Many thanks

Ian
scovell001
scovell001

Male

Member Age : 49
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto LE

Back to top Go down

Duetto LE Loose Kitchen Tap Empty Re: Duetto LE Loose Kitchen Tap

Post by Dutto Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:38 am

Hi there,

Sorry but the mixer tap on our 1998 Duetto is so securely fastened that I can't see how it is fixed.  (Thank goodness!!)

I can only assume that somehow (lack of Loctite?) the nuts on your mixer have come loose, fallen off the spigots and moved down the pipes.

I think you are looking at a major dismantling job (or at the very least some athletic body contortions) to get to refit the nuts and tighten them.

Good luck, and as you sort the problem please take photographs and let us know how you get on.  allthumbz 

Best regards,
 drinksallround

PS

As a temporary "bodge" you may like to consider glueing the mixer back into the holes with an Araldite product ….

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

…. just fill in the information and then use as instructed.

It's amazing how many "permanent" repairs can be made with this stuff even though they set off to be "temporary"!!

My only tip is to make sure that you have a clean, dry and well "keyed" surfaces before application.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by scovell001 Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:40 am

Thanks for the reply Dutto,

However, due to the piece of white upright wood at the back of the under sink drawer directly beneath the taps, it would be 'physically impossible' for any nut or washer to fall off & work its way down the pipe.

I think I'm going to need a mini inspection mirror so I can actually see whats going on up there.

Thanks for the reply though.
scovell001
scovell001

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:56 am

Hi there,

Maplin at Newport have one of these in stock so let us know what you find.  allthumbz 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Best regards,
 drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spospe Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:50 pm

scovell001 wrote:Hi to all on the Forum.

Our Duetto LE has a loose kitchen mixer tap. I can physically lift the whole tap up about 1/2 an inch & see the pipes coming up through the bottom. An ordinary mixer tap (in your house) would have some form of nut or washer/nut assembly to hold everything in place. Our Duetto doesn't seem to have such a nut, washer etc holding the taps on. I just wondered if there are any other Duetto LE or MK VI transit Duetto's (they have the same kitchen) out there & if they could tell me how their tap is secured?

Many thanks

Ian

By coincidence our Warwick Duo has just developed this very problem and it is going in for investigation / remedial work in about three weeks time. For what it will be worth, I will post the results here when known.
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Blossom Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:06 pm

Hi.
I had the kitchen mixer come loose on our duetto. I found that by taking the outside fridge vent off, I could just about get at the nuts on the back of the mixer. If I remember rightly I cut down and old spanner to make it easier to tighten the nuts. Hope this helps.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by scovell001 Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:18 pm

Thanks for all the tips so far everyone
scovell001
scovell001

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:00 pm

scovell001 wrote:Our Duetto LE has a loose kitchen mixer tap. I can physically lift the whole tap up about 1/2 an inch & see the pipes coming up through the bottom. An ordinary mixer tap (in your house) would have some form of nut or washer/nut assembly to hold everything in place. Our Duetto doesn't seem to have such a nut, washer etc holding the taps on. I just wondered if there are any other Duetto LE or MK VI transit Duetto's (they have the same kitchen) out there & if they could tell me how their tap is secured?

Ian

To get at the tap you will need to remove the sink/drainer top. I haven't had this problem with mine but did have to replace a tap in a previous van which had a tap in the same position on the work surface as the Duetto. I imagine the sink/drainer will be clamped from the underside so remove the upper drawers and have a look. It might be a bit fiddly removing the sink, but once that's off your tap job will be a piece of cake. There should be a large flange headed nut which clamps the tap to the worktop and that nut will have worked loose so you will spot it straight away.
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down

Duetto LE Loose Kitchen Tap Empty Duetto loose kitchen tap

Post by tallslimdave Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:36 pm

Hello
            To add to above our mk6 duetto tap can be reach by removing sink top held by screw in 4 corners under plastic caps......ease s/s top up disconnect waste....a push on taper fitting....tap held by large E or C  plate retained by stud intap casting and  brass nut.  Easy peasy unless your sink top is other variant sometimes fitted

Worth a try. Dave H
tallslimdave
tallslimdave

Male

Back to top Go down