The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water pump continually running

3 posters

Go down

Water pump continually running Empty Water pump continually running

Post by glinnen Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:26 pm

Afternoon all,  we are just getting to grips with our Warwick XL and have a couple of questions I would appreciate help with.

1.  Water pump is continually running when switched on. No taps on and water in the tank. Why would this be?

2.  We had the heating on last night but not the hot water however we noticed that the water from the tap was heated.  I'm sure this hasn't happened before.

Any help greatly appreciated.  

Thanks 
Gillian
glinnen
glinnen

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL automatic
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Water pump continually running Empty Re: Water pump continually running

Post by Paulmold Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:41 pm

1. Adjust your pressure switch. Turn it a tiny amount each time in either direction until it stops. It can happen when you change from hook up to 12v. If you can find a compromise position then you won't have to adjust each time you switch.
2 this is normal due to heat transference (the same element/gas jet heats both water and blown air.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by glinnen Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:43 pm

Thanks Paulmold.  Sorry if this is a silly question but where would the pressure switch be?
glinnen
glinnen

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:51 pm

I can't be sure as I don't have submersible pump but I would guess in the same area as your heater. This is what you are looking for....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:52 pm

glinnen,

The pipe carrying water from the Whale submersible pump in the fresh water tank will go outside the tank directly to the Whale in-line pressure sensitive switch which also includes a non-return valve.  The pressure switch should be accessible to allow the user to make adjustments to it.  Your dealer should have told you where the pressure switch is and how and when to adjust it.  Your information pack should also include detail on it.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by glinnen Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:01 pm

Thanks Paulmold and Caraman.  
There was so much take in on handover day that we possibly were told where it was and forgotten.  We have been in touch with the dealer who has helped us over the phone.  Pressure switch located and problem solved
glinnen
glinnen

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:58 am

glinnen,

3 months ago during our handover our dealer didn't tell us about the pressure switch or where it was.  I learn't about it through this forum and reading the information pack but the latter didn't say where it was.  I was shown where it was by the dealer when I took it back for warranty work.  You will see from another recent thread that the pressure switch should be accessible.  Mine wasn't.  It was buried under wires in an electrical compartment beneath the EC700 PSU and could only be seen (just) by unscrewing and removing a ventilation grill. When I took it back to the Auto-Sleepers Service Centre at Willersey for further warranty work which included replacing the pressure switch, they fitted the new one in an accessible position in front of the ventilation grill close to the Truma drop valve that is used to drain the water system.  I am of course describing a Nuevo.  Yours might be different.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo

Back to top Go down