The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1988 trafic A/S Rapport 2 - wiring diagram

2 posters

Go down

1988 trafic A/S Rapport 2 - wiring diagram Empty 1988 trafic A/S Rapport 2 - wiring diagram

Post by Andy Barker Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:15 am

Hi folks,
I'm trying to sort out electrics in my camper and have a few queries/problems I'm hoping my fellow campervanners can help me with.
If anyone has any wiring diagrams I would be very grateful. My leisure battery doesn't charge from alternator, but I think I know what to do there.
Built in battery charger isn't charging leisure battery either, although light comes on when on EHU and fuse is alright - anyone else had similar problem?
One more thing - can someone tell me what the three switch positions are on the zig unit please?
I'm waiting to hear back from A/S to see if they have a manual/handbook, but the guy thinks probably not due to age of van.

thanks in advance for any help.

Andy
Andy Barker
Andy Barker

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rapport 2

Back to top Go down

1988 trafic A/S Rapport 2 - wiring diagram Empty Re: 1988 trafic A/S Rapport 2 - wiring diagram

Post by BobK Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:10 pm

Andy ..... I realise your vehicle is a lot older than mine but the three position switch just might be your answer, if the zig unit is the same as the Rienza. The switch diverts the charging on EHU ..... up position to "Hab" which is the leisure battery, "off" in the middle position and down to "VEH" vehicle battery. From your description, the battery charger is getting power so this might be the answer.
As for charging the leisure battery from the alternator, I'm not sure but there are apparently fuses and a relay near to the batteries which should be your first diagnostic point. Hopefully someone will come up with more details..

regards and good luck Bob
BobK
BobK

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Autosleepless!!

Back to top Go down

1988 trafic A/S Rapport 2 - wiring diagram Empty thanks

Post by Andy Barker Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:42 pm

thanks a lot for that info Bob - knowledge is power - I hope.
thanks again

Andy
Andy Barker
Andy Barker

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rapport 2

Back to top Go down