The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T5 trident rear door

5 posters

Go down

T5 trident rear door  Empty T5 trident rear door

Post by Stevo1949 Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:56 am

Hi
I’m touring in Scotland and the rear door of the T5 Trident won’t open. The lock seems to be working with the fob and key but the latch won’t release. Anybody had this problem.?
Stephen
Stevo1949
Stevo1949

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident
Vehicle Year : 203

Back to top Go down

T5 trident rear door  Empty Re: T5 trident rear door

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:50 am

Stevo1949 wrote:Hi
I’m touring in Scotland and the rear door of the T5 Trident won’t open. The lock seems to be working with the fob and key but the latch won’t release. Anybody had this problem.?
Stephen
Hi Stephen
If your anywhere near Inverness on Monday the mechanics at Highland campervans Dalcross IV2 7JQ should be able to help.  01667493976  van sales could be open today.    shrugg.

Or Arnold Clark in Inverness.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:48 am

Assuming you mean the sliding door and not the tailgate - yes, we had a similar problem on the Trooper. In our case the cause was stretch to the inner of the cable that runs to the latch at the back. Unfortunately you cannot buy just the cable from VW - you have to buy the complete lock/latch assembly, which from memory is well over £200!

I fixed ours by making a small extension to fit on the catch release lever - but it's not something that I could have done away from home.

You can diagnose the issue further if you can get the door panel off - which is not easy if the door won't open. We were lucky with ours because it got to a stage where it would open one in maybe 20 goes, right on the limit of the inside handle movement - we just kept trying until it opened and then immediately took the interior panel off. Not much fun if you're away, as from memory you have to remove the upper surround panel and blind too...
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by repoort Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:17 pm

...could it not be something as simple as the childproof lock being activated accidentally ?
repoort
repoort
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : T5 Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by KMRTOPAZ Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:08 am

I recently experienced this on a 2005 T5.  A neighbour, an ex motor mechanic, leaned heavily on the rear edge of the door whilst I put pressure on the interior handle.  I think (emphasis !) this took some pressure off the catch and the door opened.  Liberal squirts of oil into the lock area, from inside the liner panel, has resolved the issue.  Keith
KMRTOPAZ
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 91
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz T5
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down