The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto-Sleeper Trooper height issue

+14
dawn
Ducki
DaveSedge
andygump
squip
boxerman
modelman
deckie
Paulmold
peugeotboxer
prf688
murph
Grahamjane
Boosboy
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Auto-Sleeper Trooper height issue - Page 2 Empty Re: Auto-Sleeper Trooper height issue

Post by dawn Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:14 am

yes good point it is expensive option just for car parks !
air ride would suit us as we do rough terrain sometimes so can 'jack it up' and i also am trusting it improves the ride and towing (researching it all now) tho' its *such* alot of money for the system; think we may wait before we consider it with some more research and think of putting it on a 4motion possibly, then do a camper conversion on that ourselves; long term we really need the 4 wheel drive as we use it in winter (and summer) in french mountains (snow ice the norm) and tend to want to chuck the camper anywhere i take my land rover !!
would adore DSG 4 motion and do conversion on that, tho' they are rare, and still too pricey for us rolleyes

bit humfy as due to some confusion between sales people in a VW garage, the camper i was flying in to purchase got sold; i wasnt offered/didnt realise you could leave a deposit subject to checking it over in person (seems v odd situation at a dealership that happened) so if you are out there the person that purchased the VW trooper without leaving a holding deposit whilst i was booked to come see & collect on a Monday, good on you, was great camper, great deal shrugg the hunt for my camper continues.... thought we had an alternative (tho' not automatic) but didnt have one of the same specs we needed; if anyone needs a Trooper from a lovely genuine VW enthusiast, check the Classifieds winks
dawn
dawn

Female

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper Model : trooper

Back to top Go down

Auto-Sleeper Trooper height issue - Page 2 Empty Re: Auto-Sleeper Trooper height issue

Post by -mojo- Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:27 pm

dawn wrote:
would adore DSG 4 motion and do conversion on that, tho' they are rare, and still too pricey for us rolleyes

I looked into this option myself, and not only is it expensive, but it seems you can ~only~ get that combination in conjunction with the highest power output (180PS) twin-turbo engine. For the converter I've been talking to, if you add the two together, it adds a shocking £6,430 to the price of the base van!

As you say, not many people can justify that much additional cost, so I guess you would have to be lucky to find one secondhand to convert.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffles Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:48 pm

peugeotboxer
I was just reading down the page to write my idea of letting some air out of the tyre's when bam!!!!

Just not quick enough,

Age slowing me down.

However, I do carry in our van one of those 12v compressor thingies so it is quite possible to do this. I have had this for years, but please d'ont ask me how long it takes to get a tyre up to 55+ psi, you would need to get the chairs out at the same time!

fluffles snigger

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Peugeot executive

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:21 pm

fluffles wrote:peugeotboxer
I was just reading down the page to write my idea of letting some air out of the tyre's when bam!!!!

Just not quick enough,

Age slowing me down.

However, I do carry in our van one of those 12v compressor thingies so it is quite possible to do this. I have had this for years, but please d'ont ask me how long it takes to get a tyre up to 55+ psi, you would need to get the chairs out at the same time!

fluffles snigger

It's not just the case of letting the tyres down, you must also ensure that the 'flat' section is always at the bottom! hugegrins

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2