The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VW T4 AS Trooper 1994 - tap on waste tank

4 posters

Go down

VW T4 AS Trooper 1994 - tap on waste tank Empty VW T4 AS Trooper 1994 - tap on waste tank

Post by JollyMack Mon May 27, 2019 10:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hi first check over of our VW T4 AS Trooper (new to campervan, and only had van 10 days) and I have just a couple of issues if anyone can help please.

1.  The 12V Hella Plug in Zig panel doesn’t work.  All other electric seems fine, 6 fuses in Control panel al ok. Is there anything else I can check?

The main event
2.  The tap on the waste tank has perished.  Previous owner did say they did not use the water system, but filled today, pump working, all good, but small dip from waste tank tap. Tightened in up and it split and broke.  I thought about cutting tube an inch from tank a jubilee clipping some flexible hose onto a tap, but does anyone else have any quick fix recommendations or how easy it would to change entire tap?

Thanks.  

Photo for tap below.
JollyMack
JollyMack

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 1994

Back to top Go down

VW T4 AS Trooper 1994 - tap on waste tank Empty Re: VW T4 AS Trooper 1994 - tap on waste tank

Post by Paulmold Mon May 27, 2019 10:12 pm

Tap should be fastened directly onto the tank but you need to drop tank as nut is on the inside. Can't see how that tube can be secured to tank.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

VW T4 AS Trooper 1994 - tap on waste tank Empty Re: VW T4 AS Trooper 1994 - tap on waste tank

Post by finbar Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:46 am

I know it seems obvious, but have you switched on the 12 volt socket switch on the Zig unit. That puts power to the Din socket.
finbar
finbar

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : VW Trident
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:16 pm

My Previous Topaz my first van, had a flexible pipe from the fresh water tank  with a tap on the end, this pipe clipped into a holder under the van, to use tap unclipped and turned tap on. replaced afterwards, had no issues with this, it was one the van when I bought it

.Thinking of doing that my present Topaz, as the taps are so far under the van, have to get on the ground to find them, unacceptable, 

Also good idea to check the hangers holding the tanks, I replaced mine on my first van, as they were corroded, two broken.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:04 pm

I have a feeling although a nut may be on the back the tap inside the tank it is quite a tight fit into the tank hole and may hold the tap without the nut, when I replaced mine it worked for me with silkaflex bonding it to the tank.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JollyMack Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:14 pm

finbar wrote:I know it seems obvious, but have you switched on the 12 volt socket switch on the Zig unit. That puts power to the Din socket.

Hi, Cheers all sorted now.
JollyMack
JollyMack

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JollyMack Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:17 pm

daisy mae wrote:My Previous Topaz my first van, had a flexible pipe from the fresh water tank  with a tap on the end, this pipe clipped into a holder under the van, to use tap unclipped and turned tap on. replaced afterwards, had no issues with this, it was one the van when I bought it

.Thinking of doing that my present Topaz, as the taps are so far under the van, have to get on the ground to find them, unacceptable, 

Also good idea to check the hangers holding the tanks, I replaced mine on my first van, as they were corroded, two broken.

Cheers. I’ve had same idea, using some flexible hose and jubilee (hose) clips, and water bucket tap. And clips up out of the way.
JollyMack
JollyMack

Male

Back to top Go down