The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VW T4 1994 Autosleeper Trooper seat covers?

4 posters

Go down

VW T4 1994 Autosleeper Trooper seat covers? Empty VW T4 1994 Autosleeper Trooper seat covers?

Post by sted351 Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:41 pm

Hi everyone

My T4 Autosleeper Trooper's front seats are getting a bit thin - I don't want to recover them, but just find some fitted seat covers (as I'm keeping the van as original as possible for re-sale in a few years when I can afford a T5).

The front seats are both captains seats, each with a headrest and two arm rests each.

The question is; are the front seats the same pattern as standard T4 seats with headrests and armrests?

I have found several seat cover suppliers who can provide seat covers with headrests and armrests but I'm not sure how faithful to the original seats the Autosleepers are!!

Hope this makes sense!
sted351
sted351

Male

Member Age : 50
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 1994

Back to top Go down

VW T4 1994 Autosleeper Trooper seat covers? Empty Re: VW T4 1994 Autosleeper Trooper seat covers?

Post by daisy mae Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:52 pm

If the original seats are VW T4 they would have been inca, AS reupholster to match habitation.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

VW T4 1994 Autosleeper Trooper seat covers? Empty Re: VW T4 1994 Autosleeper Trooper seat covers?

Post by kenjones Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:09 am

My T4 front seats were showing signs of wear so I had them re done in matching leather and the seat pads replaced with VW originals. I also had two damaged arm rest hinges replaced and understand that failure of these is a common fault.
I'm happy and I doubt it will devalue the vehicle.
kenjones
kenjones
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : T4 Topaz LE
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by finbar Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:16 pm

Our Trident front seats are the standard size VW seats recovered by A/S. I wanted to have them recovered, but could afford it.
I had fitted seat covers made by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  from their "Design" range and they are a nice fit.
Not everybody has the cutting patterns for the T4.
Apparently there were two types of headrest and we were asked to confirm the dimensions of ours.
Ours didn't have armrests, but it was an available option.
Very pleased with the covers and service.

Finbar
finbar
finbar

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : VW Trident
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down