The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duetto - missing bulb holder

3 posters

Go down

Duetto - missing bulb holder Empty Duetto - missing bulb holder

Post by Taff Mon May 20, 2019 11:36 pm

I have recently bought a 1996 Transit Duetto. Built into the steps are courtesy lights. One was not working - on investigation it turns out that the bulb and (more importantly)the holder were missing.

Anyone know where I can source a replacement?

Thanks
Rob
Taff
Taff

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Transit Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

Duetto - missing bulb holder Empty Re: Duetto - missing bulb holder

Post by Bulletguy Tue May 21, 2019 10:46 pm

Rob.....that sounds very much like an after market accessory fitted by a previous owner as they weren't a standard Ford or A/S fitment. I'm assuming they are on both sides so have you had a look at taking the holder of a complete one out? Only other option is a visit to a local auto electrics place and let them have a look.
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down

Post by Taff Wed May 22, 2019 12:07 am

Hmm.... Thanks for the reply. They are actually a nice feature - I assumed they were part of the AS conversion. There is one built into the step for each front door and one for the sliding door. They all power up but one of the plastic bulb holders is missing. I have tried my local motor factors. I will have a trawl of auto electric websites.
Many thanks....
Taff
Taff

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Wed May 22, 2019 12:22 am

Taff wrote:Hmm.... Thanks for the reply. They are actually a nice feature - I assumed they were part of the AS conversion. There is one built into the step for each front door and one for the sliding door. They all power up but one of the plastic bulb holders is missing. I have tried my local motor factors. I will have a trawl of auto electric websites.
Many thanks....
Not that i'm aware of. My van is on the Mk5 chassis so same as yours and there are none in any door steps. Phone A/S on 01386 - 853338 and ask to speak to Alan who knows all there is to know about fittings on the Duetto range, particularly older models.
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Taff Fri May 24, 2019 10:32 pm

Thanks for the tip... but I think I have nailed it. On the light unit itself is a part number. It is a Ford part - also used in MK2 Granadas.
I checked with the local dealer - the part is no longer available. They do pop up on Ebay - I will have to buy the complete unit rather than just the bulb holder but it will sort the issue.
ta
Taff
Taff

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Sat May 25, 2019 3:02 pm

Taff wrote:Thanks for the tip... but I think I have nailed it. On the light unit itself is a part number. It is a Ford part - also used in MK2 Granadas.
I checked with the local dealer - the part is no longer available. They do pop up on Ebay - I will have to buy the complete unit rather than just the bulb holder but it will sort the issue.
ta
That's interesting as a mate of mine once owned a Duetto same year reg as yours and his had no lights in the steps or the sliding door. Glad you got sorted even though needing to buy a complete unit. It's a nice touch i wouldn't expect on what was a commercial van prior to the A/S conversion.
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterHum Thu May 30, 2019 12:49 pm

I'veĀ  got one on my sliding door step, can't remember if I have them on the other steps but will check
PeterHum
PeterHum
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 55
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ford Transit Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1998

Back to top Go down