The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thetford fridge not working on 240 volts

2 posters

Go down

Thetford fridge not working on 240 volts Empty Thetford fridge not working on 240 volts

Post by hat004 Sun May 19, 2019 8:20 pm

My Thetford fridge has stopped working a few times whilst on 240 volts. It works fine on gas and 12 volts. Does anyone know if this could be due to a reduced voltage being supplied at the campsite? I have read somewhere that a 20% reduction in voltage could affect the fridge operating on the electrical hook up?
hat004

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Thetford fridge not working on 240 volts Empty Re: Thetford fridge not working on 240 volts

Post by harrysp Mon May 20, 2019 7:57 am

It is possible. On some sites we’ve stayed on abroad it begins by working ok on electricity, then when the electricity load increases, say around tea time, it defaults to gas, returning to electricity when the demand decreases. We thought initially it was our fridge, but on speaking to neighbours theirs was the same.

Harry
harrysp
harrysp
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Former Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Thetford fridge not working on 240 volts Empty Re: Thetford fridge not working on 240 volts

Post by hat004 Mon May 20, 2019 3:29 pm

Yes I think this must be the case as first thing this morning all was okay back on the 240. It does go off in the early evening. Thanks for your input, just wanted someone elses view as we are away in Croatia and the thought of the fridge packing up was a bit scary!
hat004

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down