The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thetford * Refrigerator * operation

4 posters

Go down

Thetford * Refrigerator * operation Empty Thetford * Refrigerator * operation

Post by johndean Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:50 pm

hi,
Took my 2017 Symbol into Cotswold Motorhomes yesterday for 1st year Hab service check.
Everything working correctly except for Thetford * Refrig * won’t work on gad.
Paul the technician stated he did everything he had time for but couldn’t get * Refrigerator* to work on gad, working correctly on 240v/12v.
Won’t take to my sellingdealer ( Tewkesbury) for reasons on past bad workshop errors.
I will give Mark a ring at A/s but wonder if anyone got a pointers I am missing.
I have never used the Thetford on gas because I only use 240v for a medical equipment I need so will never need the gas but would like everything in working order.
I have tried it myself today ,green light comes on but changes to red after a few mins various lengths of time.
I feel I might be missing something here, can’t see a pilot light or hear anything , no clicking noises etc
Anyone point me in the right direction here.
John Dean
johndean
johndean

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford
Vehicle Year : !2019

Back to top Go down

Thetford * Refrigerator * operation Empty Re: Thetford * Refrigerator * operation

Post by Paulmold Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:03 pm

If it's an automatic power seeking fridge it won't switch to gas after turning off ignition for 15 minutes. This is so it doesn't light while at a petrol station.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Thetford * Refrigerator * operation Empty Thetford cooler

Post by johndean Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:31 pm

hi.
yes it is a power seeking unit. but its been stood 24 hours now with no ignition switched on.
is there any viewing area to see if working
john
johndean
johndean

Male

Back to top Go down

Thetford * Refrigerator * operation Empty Re: Thetford * Refrigerator * operation

Post by Cymro Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:49 pm

If you put your hand at the top of the upper fridge vent on the outside of the van, you should feeel some warmth if the fridge is working.

I assume your hob runs normally on gas - i.e. it's not a supply issue?

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Thetford * Refrigerator * operation Empty THETFORD

Post by johndean Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:15 pm

HI
Thankd
yrs all other gas items work fine
I was going to check that today but didn't have a step to stand on quite high up, will try again tomorrow
John
johndean
johndean

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TJB Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:55 pm

I have the same problem with my Thetford fridge in a 2016 Symbol and am currently in France. This means I can’t leave the fridge too long without being on the road or on hookup. The cooker and heater both work fine on gas. I can sometimes hear the gas ignition start up in the fridge and then the noise of the burner but it doesn’t last long and I too get a flashing red light in the centre of the on button and the green gas indicator and cooling level bars flashing. It’s a manual version so I have to select the fuel source. I shall be returning home in a few days. I was thinking of ringing Thetford at Rotherham for some advice and then I supppse I will have to head for the nearest authorised Autosleepers repairer which unfortunately would be Marquis so I shall ask Thetford if I can use a local thetford fridge repairer instead. I would be interested to hear Marks response. If I was you if book it into the Willersey service centre next the factory. I’ve been there and they seem to know what they are doing. I would be interested to hear what he says. Good luck.
TJB
TJB

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Thetford * Refrigerator * operation Empty Thetford not working on gas

Post by johndean Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:02 am

Hi quick update on this Thetford not working on gas.
Mark at A/S gave me a call to suggest a fix . Take off the lower vent and then the wind shield plate from burner ( just one screw ) gave it all a quick blow out but didn’t cure the problem.
Mark requested if that didn’t work speak to Thetford, turns out the nearest Thetford service depot is 1 mile down the road from home towards Evesham / Tewkesbury road Cotswold Edge Caravans, going in Friday for warranty repair will let you all know what they find.
John Dean
johndean
johndean

Male

Back to top Go down

Thetford * Refrigerator * operation Empty thetford fridge not working on gas

Post by johndean Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:26 pm

Hi
Took my 2017 Symbol into Thetford service agent today, they found printed circuit fault. Thetford agreed warranty claim. new circuit to be fitted next week.
Turned out Thetford service centre only 1.5 miles from home at Cotswoldedge caravans.

johndean
johndean
johndean

Male

Back to top Go down

Thetford * Refrigerator * operation Empty Thetford refrigerator fixed

Post by johndean Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:54 pm

This refrigerator is now working on gas.
Thetford service agent fitted new printed circuit today.
Thetford paid the bill in full, took 1.5 hrs.
Hope this helps anyone with this problem 
When something is fixed it helps when you know what was done to fix it.
Johndean
johndean
johndean

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TJB Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:38 pm

I’ve just had mine fixed as it had the same problem, not working on gas.  A new control board was also fitted under warranty by a mobile service engineer who’s details I got from Thetford. Tim
TJB
TJB

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down