The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which switched fuse for NextBase 312GW ?

+2
Kingham
IanD
6 posters

Go down

Which switched fuse for NextBase 312GW ? Empty Which switched fuse for NextBase 312GW ?

Post by IanD Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:56 pm

Assistance appreciated.  Obtained a dash cam to hardwire into my kingham (Boxer 2015) and despite trawling thro lots of Forum articles havent found a specific fuse to piggyback onto. (One that comes on with the ignition)
Has any member used the fusebox behind the glovebox and which switched fuse has been piggybacked?
I have read of there being fuses on the drivers side - but where exactly and which one was used?
I ask this because it took forever to hardwire into my car - so many redherrings and misinformation from websites.
If a Peugeot Boxer owner has done it, ideally on a 2015 model Kingham, please give me the specifics that work for you.
Many thanks.   IanD
IanD
IanD

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Which switched fuse for NextBase 312GW ? Empty Re: Which switched fuse for NextBase 312GW ?

Post by Kingham Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:01 pm

Sorry, I can’t help Ian, but I’m keeping an eye on the thread as I fitted a Nextbase 512 to mine a few weeks ago. I’m running it from the lighter socket at the moment, but I’d prefer to have it hard wired.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Which switched fuse for NextBase 312GW ? Empty Re: Which switched fuse for NextBase 312GW ?

Post by GP1069 Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:29 pm

I have a 2016 Boxer Warwick XL and if you remove the fuse panel by your right hand knee whilst sat in the drivers seat two screws cover the fuse panel, its the top row and third fuse from the left I'll double check at the weekend when I refit mine into a new Warwick XL. Remove the fuse, plug the removed fuse into the piggyback and then plug the piggy back into the removed fuse space. job done.

I actually did it twice as I had a USB for the satnav as well into the same space.

AS Warwick XL
MINI GP #1069
GP1069
GP1069
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:43 pm

Have you had a look in the manual at what fuses cover what
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by KMRTOPAZ Wed May 01, 2019 12:13 am

When I hard-wired a Nextbase 312 in a VWT5 I first located the main fuse panel
Then switched on the ignition and searched for a live fuse with a multimeter set to12v.
Switched off the ignition and established that the chosen fuse was now dead.
I have no idea which fuse I had found. In view  of the very small load from the Nextbase, the only criterion was whether it came on/off with the ignition.
It works !!!
Keith
KMRTOPAZ
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 91
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz T5
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Wed May 01, 2019 12:26 am

Keith (with apologies for the slight sidetrack) - the best fuse IMO for this on a T5 is Fuse 19, because with that one, if you turn off the engine but leave the key in, it stays on - so if you stop at the scene of an incident, you can leave the key in and it will keep recording. It turns off as soon as you pull the key out of the ignition.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by IanD Wed May 01, 2019 12:56 am

Thanks for some of the leads. When I was attempting to hardwire into my Citroen car I had to remove fuses to find which fuse blade was hot when the ignition was both off and then on - because you have to put the piggyback the correct way into the fuse box. Removing fuses and checking with a voltmeter eventually gave me a suitable fuse to piggyback in the car. However, it did led to some problems in that removing always live fuses confused the circuits they were related to - and I ended up with various flashing lights, error messages etc which took some sorting. For this reason I would really like to know which named fuse will do the job. The manual is very much a guess again - because several circuits may depend on being constantly hot. I certainly dont want to upset airbags, displays etc - hence my first question to those who been there, and done it.
IanD
IanD
IanD

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by IanD Wed May 01, 2019 1:03 am

Sorry - of course my question relates to the KIngham/Peugeot Boxer and not a VW.
IanD
IanD
IanD

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KMRTOPAZ Wed May 01, 2019 11:43 pm

Roopert, thanks for the fuse 19 tip.  Do you know what it actually covers?
Keith
KMRTOPAZ
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 91
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz T5
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Thu May 02, 2019 9:46 am

Problem with VW is that they change the fuse allocations very frequently, so exactly what it covers depends on model year, but typically the main thing it supplies is the radio. Other things covered:

E153 - Operating and display unit for camping
- equipment
- J285 - Control unit in dash panel insert
J503 - Control unit with display for radio and
- navigation system
- J519-Onboard power supply control unit
- J768 - Roof hydraulics control unit
- R - Radio

This of course is for a VW T5 and not a Kingham/Peugeot Boxer!
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down