The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

kingham leaking window

+2
Smithee
treetops
6 posters

Go down

kingham leaking window Empty kingham leaking window

Post by treetops Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:34 pm

on checking the inside of our kingham i found water soaking down the inside below the window behind the drivers seat even a damp patch on the settee from it, it was running down from the back end of the window so was not coming from the opening window, has anybody had a similar problem and is there an easy fix to it or a major job to cure it, living in scotland means a heck of a long journey if it has to go back to our dealer , thanks
treetops
treetops

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

kingham leaking window Empty Kingham leaking window

Post by Smithee Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:12 pm

This fault is distressing as without remedy it will continue to cause damage. If the window is fixed in the same way as the Warwick Duo it will need to be removed , the surround cleaned up , new mastic applied and then window re-affixed. The seal has failed somewhere. I sympathise with your situation as, being on the Isle of Wight, our dealer is also a £100 ferry ride away. Your's is probably even more expensive.
Smithee
Smithee

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

kingham leaking window Empty leaky window

Post by treetops Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:01 pm

thank you for your experience and reply ,i suspected the worse case, will monitor the problem and with other faults will arrange a trip down south in the better weather
treetops
treetops

Male

Back to top Go down

kingham leaking window Empty Re: kingham leaking window

Post by D40DJH Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:45 pm

I had a similar problem on my kemerton xl albeit on the sliding door side. Somewhere on this forum there is a thread that will lead you to the blocked drain hoes.
I have enlarged the holes by cutting the seal that holds the glass in as instructed on here and have not had anymore probl9.
D40DJH
D40DJH

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton xl
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by treetops Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:33 pm

Thanks for that information I will try and find the thread
treetops
treetops

Male

Back to top Go down

kingham leaking window Empty WINDOW LEAK IDENTIFIED

Post by treetops Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:22 pm

ON CHECKING IN THE VAN AGAIN TODAY THE PANEL UNDER THE WINDOW WAS VERY WET AGAIN AND ON CLOSE INSPECTION I HAVE NOW FOUND OUT WHERE THE RAIN IS GETTING IN, THE SEAL ROUND THE SMALL SLIDING WINDOW IN THAT GLASS  PANEL IS LETTING WATER IN WHICH BUILDS UP ALONG THE BOTTOM INSIDE OF THE GLASS PANEL THEN SPILLS OVER AND DOWN THE FABRIC ,
 TWO THINGS I WAS KEEN TO KNOW FROM ANY ONE WITH SIMILAR PROBLEMS IS , CAN THE SEAL BE REPLACED EASY ENOUGH, OR IF THERE SHOULD BE SOME GAP IN THE MASTIC AROUND THE MAIN GLASS AT THE BOTTOM TO DRAIN OUT ANY WATER INGRESS , ANY INFO ON THIS WOULD BE APPRECIATED
treetops
treetops

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Windychippy Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:17 pm

treetops wrote:ON CHECKING IN THE VAN AGAIN TODAY THE PANEL UNDER THE WINDOW WAS VERY WET AGAIN AND ON CLOSE INSPECTION I HAVE NOW FOUND OUT WHERE THE RAIN IS GETTING IN, THE SEAL ROUND THE SMALL SLIDING WINDOW IN THAT GLASS  PANEL IS LETTING WATER IN WHICH BUILDS UP ALONG THE BOTTOM INSIDE OF THE GLASS PANEL THEN SPILLS OVER AND DOWN THE FABRIC ,
 TWO THINGS I WAS KEEN TO KNOW FROM ANY ONE WITH SIMILAR PROBLEMS IS , CAN THE SEAL BE REPLACED EASY ENOUGH, OR IF THERE SHOULD BE SOME GAP IN THE MASTIC AROUND THE MAIN GLASS AT THE BOTTOM TO DRAIN OUT ANY WATER INGRESS , ANY INFO ON THIS WOULD BE APPRECIATED
Hi, the channel that the window slides in has a drain at each end of the channel as quoted by D40DJH.
The usual way to clear these drains if blocked is to use a compressed air line with a fine pipe nozzle.   Have you pulled the window back and carefully poured some fairly hot water into the bottom channel to see if the water emerges on the outside under the fixed glass.  This will let you know which drain is blocked.  Unfortunately the drain hole is more of a flat tube thats semi stuck to the rear side of the fixed glass window and virtuality impossible to clear by means of a fine brush or say a fine cable tie.     The whole slide window assembly on my Kemerton XL had to be replaced as the drains were completely blocked.   The windows are fitted at the Peugeot factory then A/S tint them so it is A/S that have to change them and not Peugeot.  When A/S refit a new window they fit a better drain system.
Hope this helps.
Regards Windy
Windychippy
Windychippy
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Windychippy Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:15 pm

Hi treetops,

This might be the link you are looking for. up!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Windychippy
Windychippy
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

kingham leaking window Empty thanks

Post by treetops Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:43 am

hi and thanks for those tips to try, i will do those first, am waiting for a call back from the dealer who is ringing AS today thinks it will probably be a job for them but i will try first myself as have mentioned earlier hell of a long trip to them only 1200 miles round trip !!!, broomstick
treetops
treetops

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Windychippy Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:46 am

Hi, I would have thought that if there was an A/S dealer closer, in the circumstances A/S could authorise that dealer to look at the van. OMO.
Windychippy
Windychippy
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bristol170kj Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:18 am

treetops wrote:on checking the inside of our kingham i found water soaking down the inside below the window behind the drivers seat even a damp patch on the settee from it, it was running down from the back end of the window so was not coming from the opening window, has anybody had a similar problem and is there an easy fix to it or a major job to cure it, living in scotland means a heck of a long journey if it has to go back to our dealer , thanks
Hi, I had a similar problem with our Kingham, but was on the sliding door.  

The small dribble of water down the inside of the window came when it was wet and windy and was from the rear of the window so not associated with the sliding opening window.

The van was still in warranty and when I investigated found that Autosleeper take the vans from the factory already fitting with the side windows.  So I took it to the local  Peugeot dealer and they refitted the window.  Apparently there was a small amount of the glass bonding glue missing at the top when the window was originally fitted at the factory.

We haven't experienced any further issues since the removal and re-fitting of the window.

Hope that helps
Keith
bristol170kj
bristol170kj

Male

Member Age : 74
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by GP1069 Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:00 pm

Mine has also been back to AS for a replacement door window, apparently as its been Darkened and not std Peugeot let AS do it. Autoglass come in to AS and replace the window and then it gets re-tinted, AS then back charge the work to Peugeot. 

My door panel(hardwood, covered with fabric) was recovered but is still slightly bowed in places !

AS Warwick XL
MINI GP #1069
GP1069
GP1069
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down