The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VW Trident T4 High Top Sliding Window Leak

5 posters

Go down

VW Trident T4 High Top Sliding Window Leak Empty VW Trident T4 High Top Sliding Window Leak

Post by Uncleron Fri 07 Dec 2018, 5:39 pm

We have a 1994 VW Trident T4 with the standard fixed Hightop, I recently noticed some water stain marks on the inner high top lining under the glass sliding windows fitted in the side of the Hightop in our era of Trident. Yesterday after a few days rain I noticed the staining was deeper and the inside lining under the glass sliding windows felt wet. I also noticed the plastic channel in the inside part of the glass sliding window which I am thinking should be bone dry was actually pretty wet too. Does anyone know if there is a drain hole somewhere that may be blocked, maybe a seal needing replaced or how this should work to make watertight again?

Any help much appreciated!
Uncleron
Uncleron

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident
Vehicle Year : 1994

Back to top Go down

VW Trident T4 High Top Sliding Window Leak Empty Re: VW Trident T4 High Top Sliding Window Leak

Post by Savbo Mon 27 May 2019, 9:01 pm

Hi - did you ever get to the bottom of this issue? I spotted some water on the sink cover after driving through rain after I picked up the van but nothing since... it would tally with what you had

Michael
Savbo
Savbo

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Autosleeper Trident
Vehicle Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

VW Trident T4 High Top Sliding Window Leak Empty Re: VW Trident T4 High Top Sliding Window Leak

Post by mikeandlizriley Tue 28 May 2019, 9:28 am

When it rains I get a build up of water inside (....!!) the acrylic, double glazed window in the high top. No sign of any water ingress around the seal so assume window leaking somehow. How can this happen.
mikeandlizriley
mikeandlizriley

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : VW T4 Trident
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Tue 28 May 2019, 9:56 am

You're referring to a completely different type of window than the ones Uncleron has. If you are referring to the "Para Press" type acrylic windows, I would guess that either there is a crack somewhere or, more likely, the weld that joins the two halves together has failed around the edge somewhere. If it's minor, it's something that Captain Tolley's should deal with, I would think. But use it sparingly!
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by djwilsonhome Mon 08 Jul 2019, 1:38 pm

I hope you resolved this. However, for info, I've just resealed our roof vent which was leaking.The lining around the windows was stained and I discovered that the water ingress from the roof vent was running across the roof lining and down the side, hence the damp surround to the window. Just a thought.

David
djwilsonhome
djwilsonhome

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident
Vehicle Year : 1994

Back to top Go down