The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick (Duo) 8 months on

+7
nimbus
ki
dbnosey
murph
CC
squip
mondial
11 posters

Go down

Warwick (Duo) 8 months on Empty Warwick (Duo) 8 months on

Post by mondial Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:49 pm

Having experienced the Warwick now for 8 months, I felt others may (or of course, may not!) be interested in my thoughts on it. Firstly, I got this model as I am now a widower, and have found it to be the most relaxing van we've ever had. I feel it suits one person admirably, but two might struggle with storage space. This has also been mentioned by nimbus and possibly others, but it's not the most clever design A/S have produced.
The sliding door leaking seems to be almost a standard fault, but on my first visit to the Peugeot dealer, they found that it was the awning light that wasn't sealed! Once fixed however, the door continued to leak slightly. Peugeot fitted a new door seal, but in torrential rain there was still a problem. It took the Peugeot dealer to find that due to a badly fitted interior roof panel (conversion problem), it was distorting the seal. By dint of very strong thumbs, the van workshop nmanager got it further into position. It's been fine since, but it will be tha caravan dealer who will need to fix it if it starts again! Said caravan dealer also provided me with a plastic gutter which Swift are fitting to all their Auto Cruise van conversions. This also seems to help, particularly if the door hasn't been really slammed shut. A/S of course deny there's any problem.
On water leaks, the front roof light (a small wind up one) allows water to run inside it's housing unless completely and firmly closed. It's seems to be a design fault and my dealer was able to show me why it leaked.
Now for some other disappointments - but please note despite these I actually still like the van!

T.V system is absolute rubbish - even AS seem to agree as they've apparently changed it in the new models.
Cutlery "drawer" is a joke.
Water system not lagged at all.
Only 2 13A sockets provided by AS - my dealer kindly fitted another after I found this to be a nuisance. (There is a third hidden in the microwave cupboard).
The table takes up most of the cab overhead locker. I've put in a smaller one with a single leg and a tripod mount for it. This locker also seems smaller than other Boxer conversions.
A lot of useable room is lost around the drawer under the O/S bunk. Some might find it better to remove it and get more storage.
Bunk ends weren't finished - they were raw wood and looked awful. Iron on edging cured that.
No fastenings for the rear window curtains - seems odd as the sliding door curtain has them. Magnets work!
Ah well, end of moans for now - we'll see what the next outing brings!

A Merry Christmas to anyone who reads this to the end, and Best wishes for 2012.

mondial.
mondial
mondial

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Warwick (Duo) 8 months on Empty Re: Warwick (Duo) 8 months on

Post by squip Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:32 pm

Mondial
Thanks for that. The Warwick duo is currently our dream van. However unless "Ernie" is very very kind to us then I see no chance of us owning one. Still you must dream - at least that doesn't cost..

squip Whistle1
squip
squip
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:05 pm

Interesting read Mondial.. always good to read feedback from members on their vehicles up!

I think with any vehicle there will always be things that could be better or they just come with inherent niggles or faults! In Auto-Sleepers defense they are not alone, and I still think that overall they still have an enviable reputation in quality conversions.

Thanks for your post.

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Warwick (Duo) 8 months on Empty warick Duo

Post by murph Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:23 pm

Hi Mondial and CC,
After 5 different MHs each one of which we believed to be ideal before we bought it, we have settled on our present Lancashire as the best yet, however as sombody who can always find improvments which I can produce. I have so far (if youcount every hook, decal, and light modification seperately I have done over 110 improvments to the van, ranging from a single hook in the washroom to hang a flannel on to my major alteration to the kitchen cupboard and various alterations to the lighting, only a dozen since we returned home from our last trip on the 15 November. So I would be very suprised if any one actually found an absolutly perfect van exactly as the converters supplied it. In my case I wouln't be happy unless I could put my own stamp on it.
Brian
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Post by dbnosey Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:57 am

Thank you for your 8mnth test. I have a new Warwick Duo but only been away once in it, work gets in the way. Has anyone found a rectification to the aluminum front roof light blind rattling when closed driving or parked in strong winds? I have spoke and wrote to A/S but no reply. Why did they change this from the one in the Warwick?.
Colin
dbnosey
dbnosey

Back to top Go down

Post by ki Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:36 am

Hi Mondial.

Thanks for the interesting review of your Duo. I remember comparing the Warwick with the Warwick Duo and being impressed with the way the smaller van was able to achieve a better sleeping arrangement with its longitudinal bed option, something which the Warwick could not do, and which is essential for taller people. This is where we are lucky with our Symbol and its versatile sleeping options.

We have not had any water leaks with the Symbol, and that includes the sliding door. We have a Fiamma awning and found that water could leak between the awning and the van but this was cured by the addition of a Fiamma rain guard which is worth fitting if you use one of these awnings. We sometimes attach an Oztent to the sail track on the awning which greatly increases the living area when the awning is fully extended and the tent attached.

I agree with your comment regarding the TV system. Our AS supplied 10” model was replaced with a 19” TV/DVD combo when I installed the satellite system.

I am pleased that you like the van and I hope that you will continue to do so in the future.

Regards
Keith
ki
ki

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex-Symbol.
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by dbnosey Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:52 pm

Sorry to bother you all but I am puzzled. My good friend has a Warwick 2010. His rear wheel arches are covered under the side seats. Mine a November 2011 Warwick Duo are not. Thus they are wet with condensation. Are all Duo wheel arches uncovered?

Colin
dbnosey
dbnosey

Back to top Go down

Post by nimbus Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:02 pm

Our 2009 Duo has a fabric covering to the wheel arches.

Roly
nimbus

Male

Member Age : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by dbnosey Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:29 pm

up! Thank you Roly, I'm more puzzled. I have got some felt from akcarpets to cover them. There is a demonstration on youtube how to do it. Harry at akcarpets ltd at Clitheroe told me to do it when the weather gets warmer.

Thank you

Colin
dbnosey
dbnosey

Back to top Go down

Post by dandywarhol Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:22 pm

dbnosey wrote:Sorry to bother you all but I am puzzled. My good friend has a Warwick 2010. His rear wheel arches are covered under the side seats. Mine a November 2011 Warwick Duo are not. Thus they are wet with condensation. Are all Duo wheel arches uncovered?

Colin

Sounds like AS cutting back on quality to me - I wonder if anyone from AS read this forum??? scratch head

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex Clubman Anniversa
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by nimbus Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:18 am

Here's a picture of the lined wheel arch, also showing the "hidden" storage compartment. I've removed the screws which locate the horizontal trim panels on both sides of the vehicle so that they can be removed as it greatly improves the storage capacity of the compartments, being able to access them from above. In fact the forward one on the nearside will accomodate the Peugeot toolbox, freeing up the space below the front passenger seat which could accomodate an additional habitation battery.

Warwick (Duo) 8 months on Hidden%20Compartment%20%282%29%20%5B640x480%5D
nimbus

Male

Member Age : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by dbnosey Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:50 pm

Thats nolonger hidden its just an open space behind the draw. I'm thinking of putting some bottle clips for wine. up!
Yes I also like the idea of freeing up the space under passenger seat. I put my additional battery their when I had a Autosleeper Executive in 2000.

colin
dbnosey
dbnosey

Back to top Go down

Warwick (Duo) 8 months on Empty Warwick Duo 18 months on!

Post by mondial Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:58 pm

Hi Folks,

I have enjoyed this van (despite an odd recurrance of the sliding door leak - it seems to be if the wind is blowing directly at the door), but the time was nearing to return to a small coachbuilt (a bit easier on ageing bones). I was very keen on the Neuvo until I saw the latest price lists! A very similar van from another manufacturer was £10k less, and although I know the build quality will not be the same as AS, it is a tremendous difference. My dealer found that one was due off the production line in a couple of weeks, so rather sooner than expected I now no longer have a Warwick!
I was going to delete my registration from the Forum, but couldn't actually see how to do that. In the meantime I wish all Forum members a very Good New Year for 2013, and Happy Motorcaravanning.
wave
mondial
mondial

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:48 pm

I am not conversant with the size of your van .However from what you say its not as good as my 15 year old Symphony.
For sure quality has gone down and i never got a reply about AS quality control.
So you can see why i would not want to pay that sort of money for that quality.
We find the internal and external size to be about the perfect compromise with the Symphony for two friendly people! up!
Mike
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Warwick (Duo) 8 months on Empty Re. Warwick Duo

Post by Scorpian Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:54 pm

Hi Mondial.

We have had our Warwick Duo (2010 model) for just under a year. I have found it ti be a superb van despite the niggles.
I cured the sliding door water leak by fitting a length of white plastic hockey stick above the door. Available from Mr Plastic it makes a small gutter, and used thier adhesive to stick it.
The cutlery tray was joke so I purcased a larger wood and plastic one and adapted the old runners and dropped the top door hinge just below the tray.
The fire extinguisher was just behind the drivers seat (great place if you had an oven fire,NOT) so I fitted it perfectly in the resess at the top above the umbrella stand. In the space now by the oven I made a shelf and my 10 litre fresh water bottle fits neatly in there.
I removed the jack and use a bottle jack that fits in our covered resess under the seat behind the wardrobe. I purchased some fabric from AS and made two covers, one fixed under the front of the passenger seat and the rear one I made removeable with 4 bolts and keyhole slots in the holes in the seat frame. I can lift it off and keep shoes etc in there.
My wheel arches are covered so I cut the OS one about a foot and half in from the rear ( cut plywood strip out about 20mm taking care not to remove the same amount of fabric) and glued the fabric back under on both pieces. The rear portion locks into place with the seat hinge and this makes a very useful sorage box.
I removed the draw as it is a complete waste of space. The draw front is held on with 8 screws. I fitted a piano hinge from B&Q But had to drop the drop the catch retainers down. I used 2 small pieces of hardwood and slotted the back out cut the plastic edge trim away and screwed them in to replace the plastic ones.
I have also fitted a third 13 amp socket next to the worktop one and moved the 12v socket above it. I found the one by the floor to quite dangerous if you were using a kettle on the worktop and a charger etc in the one by the floor. Very easy to trip on.
Also fitted Fiamma accumulator after the water pump.Brilliant.
The only thing I haven't managed to cure is rain water leak through the sliding window on the side door. Any thoughts? as I have tried allsorts.
Next project is Daytime running lights. Under way.

Happy New Year to all.
Scorpian
Scorpian

Male

Member Age : 74

Back to top Go down

Post by batch Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:11 pm

Scorpian wrote:Hi Mondial.

We have had our Warwick Duo (2010 model) for just under a year. I have found it ti be a superb van despite the niggles.
I cured the sliding door water leak by fitting a length of white plastic hockey stick above the door. Available from Mr Plastic it makes a small gutter, and used thier adhesive to stick it.
The cutlery tray was joke so I purcased a larger wood and plastic one and adapted the old runners and dropped the top door hinge just below the tray.
The fire extinguisher was just behind the drivers seat (great place if you had an oven fire,NOT) so I fitted it perfectly in the resess at the top above the umbrella stand. In the space now by the oven I made a shelf and my 10 litre fresh water bottle fits neatly in there.
I removed the jack and use a bottle jack that fits in our covered resess under the seat behind the wardrobe. I purchased some fabric from AS and made two covers, one fixed under the front of the passenger seat and the rear one I made removeable with 4 bolts and keyhole slots in the holes in the seat frame. I can lift it off and keep shoes etc in there.
My wheel arches are covered so I cut the OS one about a foot and half in from the rear ( cut plywood strip out about 20mm taking care not to remove the same amount of fabric) and glued the fabric back under on both pieces. The rear portion locks into place with the seat hinge and this makes a very useful sorage box.
I removed the draw as it is a complete waste of space. The draw front is held on with 8 screws. I fitted a piano hinge from B&Q But had to drop the drop the catch retainers down. I used 2 small pieces of hardwood and slotted the back out cut the plastic edge trim away and screwed them in to replace the plastic ones.
I have also fitted a third 13 amp socket next to the worktop one and moved the 12v socket above it. I found the one by the floor to quite dangerous if you were using a kettle on the worktop and a charger etc in the one by the floor. Very easy to trip on.
The only thing I haven't managed to cure is rain water leak through the sliding window on the side door. Any thoughts? as I have tried allsorts.

Happy New Year to all.

Hello Scorpian
Like you I have stuck a drip strip [gutter] above the sliding door on my Kemerton. I used a length of L shape plastic and stuck it in place with black Tiger seal, doing that and adjusting the rubber door seal has [ at the moment ] cured the leaky problems with the sliding door. With regards to the leak with the sliding window, this appears to be a common problem the advice that A/S gave me was to try and clear the drain hole in the channel thats the channel that the sliding window slides into apparently what happens is the adhesive used when sticking the sliding window frame to the glass can block the drain hole and clearing it should solve the problem. As our vehicle is still under warranty I had to take the van back to the Peugeot dealer but they insisted on replacing the sliding window, unfortunately they replaced the wrong side so they have now replaced both sides. Hope this is of some help.
Regards
Batch
batch
batch

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton

Back to top Go down

Warwick (Duo) 8 months on Empty Re. Sliding window water leak

Post by Scorpian Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:34 pm

batch wrote:
Scorpian wrote:Hi Mondial.

Happy New Year to all.

Hello Scorpian
Like you I have stuck a drip strip [gutter] above the sliding door on my Kemerton. I used a length of L shape plastic and stuck it in place with black Tiger seal, doing that and adjusting the rubber door seal has [ at the moment ] cured the leaky problems with the sliding door. With regards to the leak with the sliding window, this appears to be a common problem the advice that A/S gave me was to try and clear the drain hole in the channel thats the channel that the sliding window slides into apparently what happens is the adhesive used when sticking the sliding window frame to the glass can block the drain hole and clearing it should solve the problem. As our vehicle is still under warranty I had to take the van back to the Peugeot dealer but they insisted on replacing the sliding window, unfortunately they replaced the wrong side so they have now replaced both sides. Hope this is of some help.
Regards
Batch

Hi Batch,
Thanks for info on sliding window. I had looked for a drain hole but did not realise that it went down the edge of the glass. I will have a probe around and see if I can find it.
Regards,
Scorpian
Scorpian
Scorpian

Male

Member Age : 74

Back to top Go down