The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duetto sliding door: how to get it fully open

2 posters

Go down

Duetto sliding door: how to get it fully open Empty Duetto sliding door: how to get it fully open

Post by edmason Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:03 am

We have had a couple of the early LWB (cream/brown) Duettos, and are thinking of swapping for a later MWB post 2000 model. On the early Duettos we often sit inside with the side door wide open: it opens to the full width of the body opening. On the post 2000 MWB models the door only seems to open part way across the body opening, so the open area is much narrower. Is there a way to fully open the sliding door please? Many thanks.
edmason
edmason

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Duetto sliding door: how to get it fully open Empty Re: Duetto sliding door: how to get it fully open

Post by stollysmith Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:15 pm

I have a 2001 Duetto and have given this some serious thought. The door interior will appear to foul/rub not only the gas locker door but also the exterior black body trim. My interior blind cover already slightly fouls the aforementioned body trim. The only way I can see but am open to other suggestions is to undo the T50 (?) screws on the lower hinge , remove the interior stop and ease the door fully open.
stollysmith
stollysmith

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 2001

Back to top Go down