The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingham day bed motorised operation

2 posters

Go down

Kingham day bed motorised operation  Empty Kingham day bed motorised operation

Post by Cookie99 Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:48 am

After having had the ratchet mechanism replaced once on the day bed and now finding it had gone again within a few months coupled with the difficulty in putting it into position each time we wanted to use it I looked at a way of making life easier. 
I eventually tracked down a device on the internet called a 'linear actuator' which I'd never heard of before but thought it may be the answer to my problem. 
There are a lot of these devices on the net but I wanted one which would operate quite fast and still be ok for the load I would subject it to. 
I purchased my actuator and a remote control device from Gimson Robotics, a GLA200 linear actuator (300mm stroke) and a GLA-CU-X2 remote control unit. 
I fixed it as per the photos and have wired it into the 12volt cassette pump circuit (10amp). 
It all works brilliantly and now only takes a press of a button to raise the daybed. I haven't fixed the actuator to the frame as I want to be able to lift the bed to get at the items under without disconnecting anything so when you lower the actuator I just lean on the top of the bed to lower it back down.  
Also I do not raise or lower the actuator when we are on the bed as I don't want to put too much strain on the unit. 
I will hopefully post the photos next.
Cookie99
Cookie99

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Kingham day bed motorised operation  Empty Re: Kingham day bed motorised operation

Post by Cookie99 Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:53 am

Q[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Cookie99
Cookie99

Male

Member Age : 72
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Kingham day bed motorised operation  Empty Re: Kingham day bed motorised operation

Post by BartyBoy Sat May 04, 2019 9:10 pm

Wow I like this idea :)., wonder how it performed long term
BartyBoy
BartyBoy

Male

Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down