The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Retractable awning - Autosleeper Trophy

4 posters

Go down

Retractable awning - Autosleeper Trophy Empty Retractable awning - Autosleeper Trophy

Post by p groombridge Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:42 pm

I bought a Movelite awning last year and found it to be almost impossible to erect and manage on my own - I intend to ditch it this year! Instead I wondered if anyone has any advice for fitting a simple retractable awning to my 1994 Trophy?

Comments regarding makers, size, price (of awning and fitting) and safety would be welcome. I'm a girl of 65 and I live in Hampshire.

Thanks in advance, P
p groombridge
p groombridge

Back to top Go down

Retractable awning - Autosleeper Trophy Empty Re-Retractable awning trophy

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:25 am

Hi good morning P
Have a look at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] they are a mobile fitting service. Awnings, bike racks etc, I have used them to fit a Fiamma bike rack and F45ti awning to my last van a 59 Symbol, Brent is very helpful will go out of his way to help you.
They travel the shows and are based in Bournemouth.There are other dealerships and companies who supply and fit Fiamma and Omnistor awnings. However I can recommend Hillview awnings myself.

Good luck

Boaby Suns just coming out, another beautiful day sun
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Retractable awning - Autosleeper Trophy Empty Re: Retractable awning - Autosleeper Trophy

Post by vwt4 Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:28 pm

Hi P
I have a 1994 Trophy with a Fiamma F50 pro wind out awning fitted, very easy to use and I made it a little easier by adapting a rechargeable screwdriver with a hook on the end that fits into the wind out mechanism so we can wind out/in the awning quite quickly
sorry I cant tell you anything about price or fitting as it was on when purchased van but having had a look it does not seem to difficult for a good workshop to do
vwt4
mike
vwt4
vwt4

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trophy
Vehicle Year : 1994

Back to top Go down

Retractable awning - Autosleeper Trophy Empty Awning

Post by p groombridge Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:50 pm

Mike, I don't think I ever thanked you for your advice regarding a Fiamma awning. I had one fitted and it's working well .... now have to save my pennies until I can afford the walls to go with it !

Have you seen my post dated Aug 23? Have you ever removed your bathroom window? Any tips?

Regards, Pam
p groombridge
p groombridge

Back to top Go down

Retractable awning - Autosleeper Trophy Empty Re: Retractable awning - Autosleeper Trophy

Post by peugeotboxer Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:38 pm

p groombridge wrote:I don't think I ever thanked you for your advice regarding a Fiamma awning. I had one fitted and it's working well .... now have to save my pennies until I can afford the walls to go with it !

Regards, Pam

Have a look here Pam.
You may find them more affordable until you see something else

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000