The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mobile phone holder

3 posters

Go down

Mobile phone holder Empty Mobile phone holder

Post by ymfb1 Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:18 pm

I am wanting a mobile phone holder, I have a great one on my bike and would lik3 something for the van, I don’t want to drill holes.  Any sensible suggestions.

I have an iPhone 6 and an 8 Plus (work) so adjustability is a key attribute as is the ability to not look too rubbish.  I don’t want to use the phone, just charge it and see it.
ymfb1
ymfb1

Male

Member Age : 60
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Mobile phone holder Empty Re: Mobile phone holder

Post by bristol170kj Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:23 pm

ymfb1 wrote:I am wanting a mobile phone holder, I have a great one on my bike and would lik3 something for the van, I don’t want to drill holes.  Any sensible suggestions.

I have an iPhone 6 and an 8 Plus (work) so adjustability is a key attribute as is the ability to not look too rubbish.  I don’t want to use the phone, just charge it and see it.

I purchased one of these ….

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

…. two or three years ago.  Although my older one is slightly different it is the same principle.  Easily attached to the air vent and is adjustable through 90degrees.
bristol170kj
bristol170kj

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Mobile phone holder Empty Re: Mobile phone holder

Post by Cymro Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:08 pm

I have a Nuevo, with the same cab as yours, I expect. My satnav occupies the central flat-ish part of the dashboard (on a stalk mounted on a perspex disk held by the sprung clip). So that space is not available for anything else.

I needed a supplementary speedo, because the Peugeot speedo is woefully hard to read in poor light. So I use an old iPhone 4, with a speedo app. But how to mount it?

I bought a flexible arm about 8" long, terminating at one end in a lever suction cap, and on the other with a mount for the iphone. I stick it to the driver's quarterlight, in the bottom left cornet; the arm is bent such that the iphone is just in front of the dashboard vent - not totally obscuring it. Works well. Only snag is that you cannot totally close the blind of the driver's door but only a corner is affected so no problem - esp if using external silver screen.

Can't recall where I bought it - I think at a show [Royal Welsh].

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down