The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fiamma Bike Rack

+8
jacktherussell
kenef
Paramedic
Heanorboy
Tengah74
Toffee
Gromit
rgermain
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fiamma Bike Rack - Page 2 Empty Re: Fiamma Bike Rack

Post by rgermain Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:45 pm

Outtheoffice wrote:Have only used our bike rack once, (fitted as an optional extra when new) and yes the bottom rail is slipping down.  Not at all impressed.
I have fitted mine and all seems ok, no movment, but I only carry ordinary bikes, so not really overloaded.

Now when I fitted mine I did use the security bolts supplied which I had to drill through the door at both top and bottom bars, I also used larger round flat washers to spread the load. Maybe you do not have these bolts fitted, they are each side of the angled bike rack mounts, or you could check by removing the internal door trim.

I cannot see any reason for the rack to move if fitted as above.
------------
Richard

Last edited by rgermain on Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling!)
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:01 pm

Thanks Richard, the problem I have is I am just not a DIY person, never have been.  So the prospect of me drilling doors is seriously scary .  I am reliant on the dealer to do these things properly and I dont think they have .   I kinda hope that if you pay enough for someone to do these things - then its done properly .
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:09 pm

Outtheoffice wrote:Thanks Richard, the problem I have is I am just not a DIY person, never have been.  So the prospect of me drilling doors is seriously scary .  I am reliant on the dealer to do these things properly and I dont think they have .   I kinda hope that if you pay enough for someone to do these things - then its done properly .

You have more faith in other people than me. I also applied plenty of paint around the holes I drilled, I very much doubt if any dealer would bother.

I really is a piece of you know what to drill the door, the holes are already in the mounting bars, just make sure they are in the right position before drilling, internal trim is held with many screws!. Problem you have to get the security screws if not fitted, they are shown on the instructions which can be downloaded.

Sorry to also read of your other problems, I have had a few but nothing like yours in total. Friday afternoon van!
--------
Richard

Last edited by rgermain on Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling again)
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:23 pm

Outtheoffice wrote:Thanks Richard, the problem I have is I am just not a DIY person, never have been.  So the prospect of me drilling doors is seriously scary .  I am reliant on the dealer to do these things properly and I dont think they have .   I kinda hope that if you pay enough for someone to do these things - then its done properly .
Depends on who you get to fit it!! In my case as i bought my rack new after giving up searching for a used one on ebay, and opted to let the supplier fit mine. A couple of hours later and my van was ready but guess what? They'd fitted it to the wrong door making opening and closing the doors a juggling act! I was furious to say the least but as i was about to set off on a tour, i had no choice but to go with it. They did agree to put the matter right on my return.
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffee Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:40 pm

Tell the dealer you’ve been stopped by the police for an insecure load, and your waiting to see if you’re going to be prosecuted, that might put a rocket up their ar## To fix it
Toffee

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:08 pm

Bulletguy wrote:
Depends on who you get to fit it!! In my case as i bought my rack new after giving up searching for a used one on ebay, and opted to let the supplier fit mine. A couple of hours later and my van was ready but guess what? They'd fitted it to the wrong door making opening and closing the doors a juggling act! I was furious to say the least but as i was about to set off on a tour, i had no choice but to go with it. They did agree to put the matter right on my return.

Oh No, nightmare! I really do wonder about some dealers and who they employ. confused3 I bet they displayed their QA and training certificates on the wall. Maybe NVQ and we all know what that stands for.
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:06 am

rgermain wrote:
Bulletguy wrote:

Oh No, nightmare! I really do wonder about some dealers and who they employ. confused3 I bet they displayed their QA and training certificates on the wall. Maybe NVQ and we all know what that stands for.
----------
Richard
What annoyed me more than anything was when the youth who'd fitted it brought the van out, he'd purposely left the bike rails off the rack no doubt in the hope i wouldn't notice. But how daft was that as any yo-yo can figure once the rails are fitted, you can't open the o/s door without pulling the other open at the same time. Closing was just as bad!

However where pvc's are concerned the 'wrong' door (the one secured by full length lever bolt) is stronger than the 'right' door as all the latter relies on for stability is two hinge pins....which wear.

I also noticed a long scratch on the privacy film on one rear door window. I knew that had happened during fitment of the bike rack as i'd only had the privacy screening done a couple of weeks prior so i chewed their ear off over that. They paid to have it replaced, but once again, they'd hoped i wouldn't notice.
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiskyMack Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:34 pm

We had a towbar fitted to our Warwick Duo (2018), as we already had a bike rack to fit on our car tow bar. We have two e-bikes, which is just within the weight limit. (with the batteries removed). Easy to fit/unfit. No problems so far, but use some pipe insulation as padding. Just in case.
WhiskyMack
WhiskyMack

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2