The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ABS Window Cover

3 posters

Go down

ABS Window Cover Empty ABS Window Cover

Post by willow Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:11 pm

Hi to everyone, I have just bought a 1995 Trident, it needs a little TLC, so can I ask a few questions please, firstly the ABS cover to the rear driver’s side window is breaking down, can I get a replacement of just remove it and expose the window behind, secondly the small swivel table is missing can someone signpost me to a replacement, Thanks

Jeff
willow
willow

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

ABS Window Cover Empty Re: ABS Window Cover

Post by -mojo- Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:21 pm

Hello Jeff - it's not unusual for these panels to disintegrate and/or fall off as they get older. On some A/S models they are unobtainable, but some may still be available - take a look at the "parts clearance" list on the A/S website, as there may still be a few around.

Failing that, the alternative that several owners here have employed is to remove the ABS panel and get the window vinyl wrapped in black - either on the inside (difficult because so much of the interior has to be removed) or on the outside.

Opinions may vary a bit, but IMO the black wrap looks better than the original panels. A slight variation is to use a very dark tint film instead, though that will mean that some of the insides will still be visible in very bright sunlight.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

ABS Window Cover Empty Re: ABS Window Cover

Post by Paulmold Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:40 pm

Please take a moment to say hello here....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

ABS Window Cover Empty Thanks

Post by willow Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:06 pm

-mojo- wrote:Hello Jeff - it's not unusual for these panels to disintegrate and/or fall off as they get older. On some A/S models they are unobtainable, but some may still be available - take a look at the "parts clearance" list on the A/S website, as there may still be a few around.

Failing that, the alternative that several owners here have employed is to remove the ABS panel and get the window vinyl wrapped in black - either on the inside (difficult because so much of the interior has to be removed) or on the outside.

Opinions may vary a bit, but IMO the black wrap looks better than the original panels. A slight variation is to use a very dark tint film instead, though that will mean that some of the insides will still be visible in very bright sunlight.

Mojo
Thanks for the quick response, I like the idea of removing the panel and get the window wrapped, thanks again
willow
willow

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down